Helloween

Bucko

Apr 15, 2001
Canberra
Visit site
What can you guys & gals tell me about Helloween I hane one CD A liveve disc called " High LIVE " a double set of which the following songs appeal to me DR sTEIN , tHE time of the Oath ,and Why ,

Ive only got the keeper albums, of which imo keeper part 1 is the better of the 2.

But they are both great power metal classics. The start of modern power metal as we know it today I would say :)

What he said! :)

Besides those 2 classics, there's some great stuff on Live In The UK (Kiske singing "How Many Tears"... Wooooaaahhh!!!!!) and my other fav' is Better Than Raw...

Awesome band! Some cheesy, dumb moments at times ("Heavy Metal Hamsters"?!!!! Purrlease!!), but awesome all the same! :)

LOVE all Helloween!!!

Probably best to avoid Pink Bubbles Go Ape and Chameleon, as they pretty much suck.

Walls Of Jericho, with Kai Hansen singing, is great, while Keeper 1 & 2 introduced Michael Kiske and some great songs.

Kai left after Keeper 2, and they had problems with record label.

Eventually, Kiske and drummer Ingo Switchenberg left, and along came vocalist Andi Deris and drummmer Uli Kusch.
Every album with this line up just got better.

The Dark Ride, their last album, is superb. Unfortunately, Kusch and guitarist Roland Grapow have now left.

Must Listens - Keeper Of The Seven Keys Part One, Keeper Of The Seven Keys Part 2 and The Dark Ride.

Most of the stuff on High Live comes from Master Of The Rings and The Time Of The Oath, the first 2 albums with Deris on vocals.

Don't know if this helps or not. I've been listening to Helloween since 1985, when we had an exchange student come over from Norway, with a cassette of Walls Of Jericho with him.

If you can, check out the bootleg of The Live Ride tour from 2001 - it is fantastic.

"How many tears, flow away, to become a sea of fears.....how many hearts are torn apart, 'til another torment starts......."

Keeper Parts 1 & 2.

If you want a heavier album... grab Walls Of Jericho (their first LP). Kai sang lead on it, and it's pretty damn heavy for its time.

Better Than Raw (gotta love Revelation) is damn good as well... Dark Ride is pretty, well... dark! :D

Originally posted by Joe Salami
Probably best to avoid Pink Bubbles Go Ape and Chameleon, as they pretty much suck.

Actually, if you give Pink Bubbles a chance, there's some excellent songs in amongst all of the garbage on there... 'The Chance' and 'Someone's Crying' are brilliant! (The title track and any songs about rodents are NOT! :mad: )

Eventually, Kiske and drummer Ingo Switchenberg left, and along came vocalist Andi Deris and drummmer Uli Kusch.

Actually Ingo died! He comitted suicide soon after he was fired! :cry:

Hahaha Spawny I was just about to ask the same question!!!

HEAVY METAL HAMSTERS?!?!?!?!?!? LOL!
This is a must hear for me I think!

Oh and Andi Deris rules!!! Check out early Pink Cream 69 for more of his stuff!!! Especially the first album!

Originally posted by Stevo

There sure is! :yell: :puke:

Oh my god.... and I thought MY metal song was a joke......... :lol:

That is almost unbelieveable, im going to download it tonight so I can hear it!

I just downloaded it!!!!!

With coloured furs, sunglasses
Tons of nuts to eat, they don't feel free

What is wrong with our Heavy Metal Hamster?
Look what they have done to our Heavy Metal Hamsters
Where is the field to run for our Heavy Metal Hamsters

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Originally posted by The Trooper
I just downloaded it!!!!!

With coloured furs, sunglasses
Tons of nuts to eat, they don't feel free

What is wrong with our Heavy Metal Hamster?
Look what they have done to our Heavy Metal Hamsters
Where is the field to run for our Heavy Metal Hamsters

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is SO wrong on so many levels, whoever performed that song should be smacked upside the freaking head.

I remember raving about the virtues of Helloween to a friend of mine who lived interstate just after Live In The UK came out (which was just after Keeper II and before Pink Bubbles) and I told her to go out and get a Helloween record/tape/cd/whatever immediately...

Having never heard the PBGA album yet, I get this call saying "You're kidding, right? This album is stupid! What sort of lyrics are they? Helloween sucks!" and I'm thinking... "Wha..?!!"

Then I bought it.

'Kin hell - 'Heavy Metal Hamsters', 'Pink Bubbles Go Ape', 'I'm Doin' Fine Crazy Man' and the woeful 'You're Turn' made me wanna barf! Little did I know their next album, "Chameleon" was even worse!! Brass sections?! Gimme a break!!!

But things definitely looked up after that! :)