Helloween's... new sound?

Come on, people! If you're going to talk superheroes at least get it right. Peter Parker never became Venom. His black suit - an alien symbiote - bonded to another person (Eddie Brock) after Parker rejected it. The suit and Brock became Venom.

Besides, everyone knows Helloween = The Flash. Or maybe Plastic Man. But definitely not Booster Gold.

I would equate Booster Gold to someone likeTobias Samett, at this point.

I wasn't going to comment on this thread, as I haven't heard the new Helloween yet. However, reading all of these comments had me shaking my head and chuckling so much that I couldn't help myself. I was a huge comic book nerd before I started getting more involved in music, so I was kind of following ApolloFC here. Anyway, I really just wanted to to tell DuchessOfDork one thing: I don't know you personally, but the fact that you can compare anyone, let alone Tobias Sammett, to Booster Gold proves that you can live up to your screen name. My hats off to you!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

I don't know you personally, but the fact that you can compare anyone, let alone Tobias Sammett, to Booster Gold proves that you can live up to your screen name. My hats off to you!

Awww, thank you! I do try. ;)

That being said, since we're admitting to being nerds here (FINALLY), here's a link to a song my band did.

About Dr. Doom.

Well, my motives are a bit different.....I'm an artist whose worked for Marvel for the last 6 years. I'm a little biased....:lol:

Oy.. you're living one of my 5 dreams!!

As for the Marvel love, I'm an old-school X-Men nerd. Which is why I can't read it, at the moment. I had to stop when they started f'ing up the universe back when the movies were released, and when I heard that Jubilee became a vampire and Scott cheated on Jean with Emma (it's in my head, it doesn't count!!).. I knew it was over.

So now, I've started a new romance.

1280658316718.jpg

And this time.. it's a three-way.

I stopped reading the X-Men in the mid 90's. Came back for Ed Brubakers run. I mstly read the Avengers titles,Thunderbolts, Captain America, the space books and lots of the B,C, and Z level characters. Also some non marvel like Walking Dead, DMZ, Ex Machina, and 100 Bullets.

But not to detour the thread....it was an odd choice to compare Spider-Man and Venom to Helloween. The new disc is fastly becoming one of my faves of the year. I really hope they tour the states with this tour.

I dont hear a new sound with the new disc....sure some of the songs are faster and have a touch of harsher sound but there are other songs that are your typical great Helloween songs. I cant stand the title track and when the video was released I was really let down and was thinking the whole disc was going to sound like this....but it doesnt thank God.

I am confused with the Spider-Man commments as well.

Agreed. People along with the band kept saying how this is faster and heavier, and I finally just listened to it today and I don't hear it. Really ever since Time of the Oath they've had some pretty diverse records, and a lot of the songs on this disc sound just like the typical Helloween sound. At times maybe a hint faster but that's it. I'd also have to say that Dark Ride is still their heaviest album. As far as my opinion of it though and this is coming from a huge fan (they're probably my 3rd fave after Priest and Sabbath) it's not as good as the last two. I find the first half to be sort of disappointing actually, but I will have to say that the second half is of high quality. Anyone else find that the second half is much better?