Helloween's... new sound?

i will just say this. the new album is AWESOME. it's just a tad too long in my book. i am ready for 10 song albums again.

but i definitely see what you are alluding to with the darker vibe, BUT i think it has to do with Deris and his style possibly. also, maybe they are over the happy go lucky style of Keepers-era stuff, plus they probably have the "been there done that" mentality and instead of continuing with old Helloween they are evolving. i really never have a problem with bands changing their direction AS LONG AS the songs are good. so many bands change their style, but write CRAP material to go along with new sounds. this album on the other hand is great. i love all the little details, whether with keyboard or bits of drum programming here and there. it's an album with depth and they needed that now, i think.

Amen, dude. For years I've been sick of bands who feel they need to cram as many tracks as possible onto discs. Give me albums with 8-10 songs.

I definitely think with the happy-go-lucky style of Helloween they've basically done all they can do, plus they may possibly be getting bored of it. Despite their 2000s material being darker though, it still has the Helloween sound with catchy choruses with good guitar melodies. The thing I like about them so much is the fact that they are able to evolve but have been able to do it without sacrificing their core sound.

I don't mind the "direction" of the music (but not the direction of this thread :lol:).

"Better Than Raw" is by far my ATF Helloween CD.

Tell me about it. I avoided this thread until I listened to the new disc and I'm very, very, VERY confused how this turned into a thread about comics.

I'm the opposite as far as BTR. It's probably my least favorite Deris album, next to Rabbit Don't Come Easy. My favorite Deris album for sure is a toss up between Dark Ride and Time of the Oath. Obviously the Keeper albums are still my faves.

I'm the opposite as far as BTR. It's probably my least favorite Deris album, next to Rabbit Don't Come Easy. My favorite Deris album for sure is a toss up between Dark Ride and Time of the Oath. Obviously the Keeper albums are still my faves.

But you must agree, that BTR is the best Helloween album cover EVER! :)

Come on, people! If you're going to talk superheroes at least get it right. Peter Parker never became Venom. His black suit - an alien symbiote - bonded to another person (Eddie Brock) after Parker rejected it. The suit and Brock became Venom.

yeah, i, with the spiderman pic in my sig, know what your talking about
but really i think most random people get at least a little confused about that
especially all those the people that really had no freaking clue about any of the symbiote stuff before spiderman 3 was released, which btw was a huge amount of people

3330728618_4650129ce0.jpg

How'd you get a baby picture of my old beagle?

jk - my buddy had a dime sized spot on top of his forehead... but he DEFINITELY had THAT look!