Help from art lovers!

Caelestia

rawr
Feb 8, 2003
svarga
Visit site
Hey guys!

I would very much appreciate your help on this. My friend used to have a painting in his house, and he'd really like to know what it's called and the name of the artist who painted it.

If you're wondering why I'm posting this here instead of an art forum, well, I haven't looked for a proper art forum to post on yet. Also, I figured you guys are an intelligent bunch, and with some art lovers here, I might find the answer.

Here's the painting:

kidpainting.jpg

Thanks in advance, guys! :)

i don't wonder why you post this here: never look a gift horse in the mouth. ;)

that picture is disquieting, but that's the extent of my knowledge. it was just funnier to reply than going through the subscription procedure. :p

rahvin.

Lol, when I checked and saw there was 1 reply, I thought, dang that rahvin is fast!

Disquieting? Know what's really disquieting? The kid in that painting looks like him when he was little. Just adds to the mystery.

It reminds me of the painting with the two lifeless kids and the battery...

Hmm... I'm not familiar with art. I could post it on a forum with lots of varied members for you, if you want. There's a chance one of them may know it, since they like art...

Siren said:
It reminds me of the painting with the two lifeless kids and the battery...
I was thinking the same thing. My haunted painting post... :D

*mumble* imo that kid doesn't look that evil ;)
anyway, i'm afraid i can't be of any help to identify the source of that artwork... btw, does you friend know what kind of painting it was? i mean oils/acrylics on canvas/cardboard/paper? that might help narrowing the search... a bit :erk:

Reactions: Dark_Jester
@mousewings: Would you, please? That'd be great. Thanks a lot!

@Rei Toei: I don't think he's that scary either, he looks more mournful. Hm, my friend doesn't know much about the painting except that it was at his house a long time ago. His grandfather bought the painting before ever seeing him. A little creepy, eh? He'll try to ask his mother, though the last time he did, she told him she couldn't remember where she'd placed it. Oh, he's from Finland. Don't know if that helps.

@Caelestia: Can you ask your friend if he/she's that kind to send my driving license's photo back? I lost it during a brief visit to... to wherever you live. :p

I am sorry, but every possible explanation that crosses my mind is funnier (and more stupid) than its predecessor: don't you use to paint your walls in ugly pastel tones like the medium citizen? Have you called Bruce Willis to ask him about this new ghost-boy? He's quite skilled at talking to walking dead corpses, and sometimes shooting to living ones (depending on the movie). Sorry, but it is strange and I fail to see any coherent explanation for such weird thing. :yell:

|ngenius.

P.S: Don't you find certain similarity with those series based on a boy with a monkey who wanders the world running after his lost mother? God, I always hated that boy. Marco was his name, if my mind doesn't fail me.

Uhh... *blinks*

No, my walls are bright yellow with neon green polka dots and black shoeprints from all the time I spend running up the walls.

Besides, everyone knows what a fake Bruce Willis is. Took him the duration of an entire movie to figure out he was dead :p

@|ngenius: the name was definitely marco. the junkie ended up in argentina, whining and bitching all the while about his poor conditions, though it was apparent he flied first class on intercontinental flights as soon as there was a break for commercials.

rahvin.

Does that mean that my explanation and Rahvin's further information about Marco is not enough? :rolleyes: Bear in mind that boy has lost his mother and he is always a single step behind her (yeah, he follows the Bruce Willis deductive method, I assume).

|ngenius.

precisely what the robot said. he's also some sort of ninja-trained worked-out gym freak since he walks through miles of siberian winter in his shorts and sandals. that painting doesn't give him enough credit, really.

rahvin.