Help me figure out an album!

infinitje

New Metal Member
Jun 30, 2010
So I've been trying to figure out who this CD is for months. I used to listen to it all the time in 98-2000 range so it can't be anything newer then that. It was also given to me without a case and CDDB database's back then never resolved a band name. Somewhere in the time I was listening to this CD I looked it up and I do know the band's record company has a website, but I can't remember the name of either the band (which wasn't even listed on the website) or the record company itself.:(

DESCRIPTION:
The actual cd (not the case) is all black with a white, or possibly glowing in the dark alien face. It is a fairly heavy metal cd and the only specific song I'm looking for has a chorus of "we are not alone, we are not aloooooone!"

The only other lyrics I have is at the end of the song they play a sample of an old radio broadcast, "The Army Air Forces have announced that a flying disc has been found and is now in the possession of the Army."

I know this is very vague, but any help is appreciated. THanks for even reading this if you don't know :wave:

Well I appreciate the quick reply's but it unfortunately isn't Hypocrisy - The Final Chapter. I also don't think it's any other hypocrisy album, the singer's voice just doesn't match.

This is what the glow in the dark alien face looks like on the actual CD front (not the case, I never saw the case):
alien_face_stickers-p217156659033694155qjcl_400.jpg

I also found a sample they use in the record: On track 1 or 2 (i think) the song has a chorus of "we are not alone, we are not alooonnnnee!" Then, at the end of the song it plays a part from this actual sample.

The sample only plays the following lines, nothing more nothing less:
"the Army Air Forces has announced that a flying disk has been found and is now in the possession of the Army."

I remember another song too that I believe starts directly after the previous one I mentioned that has a sample of "hell exists" looping over and over. It almost sounds likes it's distorted or being played backwards each time.

I know I probably sound crazy but I'm really trying to find this album, I used to love it! Thanks again.

Unfortunately no:cry:. I listened to that album and a bunch of other Hypocrisy and it's definitely not them.

So years later, I still haven't been able to pinpoint this band or cd. After re-reading my initial post though, I thought I clarify that either the first song or one of the tracks opens with this sample (not the whole thing, from 7-12sec).

For a better sound comparision, they sound a lot like Ministry, with the guitar very compressed as in
Just One Fix and all songs of similar composition.

Any other ideas? :headbang:

I'm gonna assume you still have this album... can you maybe try harder to distinguish some other lyrics?

Edit: Also, where are you from? There's a chance the band was local-ish with a local-ish label.

From Northern California, I unfortunately don't have this album otherwise I'd rip a song and post it.

Gotta be honest, your request is driving me insane too. I'm usually pretty good at finding stuff. I'll try here and there for ya, please post if you figure it out so I can get peace of mind too.

Gotta be honest, your request is driving me insane too. I'm usually pretty good at finding stuff. I'll try here and there for ya, please post if you figure it out so I can get peace of mind too.

Yea man you're telling me! Got a hold of my buddy who thought it might be My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult. I listened to all of their albums first track and none of them fit the bill. The first track on the album was the one with the radio sample "the army air forces have announced that a flying disc has been found and is now in the possession of the army." He also suggested shazzaming that sample, since I found it on youtube, but it pulled up some other random song.

Voivod- outer limits..... ?
Unfortunately not even close. The sound of the whole album is more industrial and heavy.

Neither one of those links are it, thanks for trying! There sound is lot more industrial like Ministry - Just one fix (as mentioned above).