Help Me Improve My Mix!

HCL

Holy Crap! Lions!
Jul 13, 2010
Plymouth, UK
I'm working on getting my standards, as one of our more tactful members suggested. I don't feel that my mix represents what I feel in my head when I imagine the music and I think most of this is in the mix - or rather the less than ideal EQ balance, compression and such.

Any comments at all about the mix and ways to make it punchier with more clarity would be welcome, regardless of how negative they are. Any criticism is constructive.

The music is something I'm writing for my band, would love some feedback on the music too if you're into this kind of stuff. Some of the drums are placeholders.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1926148/song.mp3

Thanks to anyone that checks it out! :kickass:

What are you using, because for starters it sounds like you source material isn't quite up to par. Guitars are super buzzy sounding, and the drums sound like a robot played them. As far as playing goes sounds pretty good those guitars were pretty tight for a song that fast.

TSE X30

On further listening I the cymbals are really weird, could be why it's sounding a robotic. Will try and sort out the buzzy.

Edit: Yeah, see what you mean about the drums. It's really hard getting them to sound more natural and still come through.

Here's the kind of sound I'm going for:

Last edited by a moderator: