Help me in my Metal journey

Astaroth666

New Metal Member
Mar 19, 2009
Portugal
I'm allways looking for new exciting bands, and I become really happy if I find a good one so, suggest me some good bands please.
My favourite styles are Black Metal, Death Metal and German Thrash Metal.
I already know the essencial bands in the Black Metal realm like Darkthrone, Burzum, etc, but I'm allways looking for new bands.
I need help specially in the Death Metal genre, since there are a lot of bands that play this style.
Any band on one of these three styles are welcome to me, specially if there aren't clean vocals on it.
I also like Pagan Metal and Folkish Black Metal... but if it's Black Metal, then it must be real Black Metal, otherwise I can't enjoy it. I don't like commercial ones like Dimmu Borgir.

You are probably going to get a lot of random (although) good suggestions with such a wide open request like this. I recommend spending time going through the genre specific threads in General Metal, as well as the "albums kicking your ass" thread to get suggestions on quality music.

Those are really broad terms. I'd say follow Dakryn's advice. Also, you may want to browse some of the threads already in the recommendations forum. Use the search icon and make individual searches for black, death, thrash, and folk metal. You'll get more specific results.

death metal

Morbid Angel - first 4
Behemoth - last 3
Bloodbath
Bolt Thrower
Entombed
Unleashed
Dismember
Malevolent Creation
Trauma
Ribspreader
Fleshcrawl
Heaven Shall Burn
Zyklon
Vader
Kataklysm
Cannibal Corpse
Blood Red Throne

cant go wrong with these. first 4 bands on the list are my favorites. but they are all great.

death metal

Morbid Angel - first 4
Behemoth - last 3
Bloodbath
Bolt Thrower
Entombed
Unleashed
Dismember
Malevolent Creation
Trauma
Ribspreader
Fleshcrawl
Heaven Shall Burn
Zyklon
Vader
Kataklysm
Cannibal Corpse
Blood Red Throne

cant go wrong with these. first 4 bands on the list are my favorites. but they are all great.

You forgot Death, Carcass and At The Gates.

kastigation
~gR~

Worthless post of the year award. Why do you guys do this?

Anyhoo.

Incantation - Onward to Golgotha - churning, bottom-heavy old school death metal
Immolation - Close to a World Below - dissonant, somewhat atmospheric death metal
Accidental Suicide - Deceased - sickening, putrid old school death metal
Nile - Amongst The Catacombs of Nephen-Ka - Kickass brutal death metal, tightly played, with a bit of that cool Egyptian feel but not too much
Vital Remains - Dechristianize - Brutal, insane death metal interspersed with brilliant guitar solos, epic sweeping melodies, and other such awesomeness.

And then more vaguely, Bolt Thrower, Vader, later Behemoth, Cannibal Corpse, early Deicide, and all that.