Help me out with guitar tone???

PoetAnderson

New Metal Member
Apr 28, 2015
So I have a peavey vypyr 30, and i'm DI'ing it into garageband (I live in an APT so miking it is out of the question). How can I achieve an industry standard post-hardcore guitar tone? I've tried podfarm 2 and wasn't able to get any better of a tone than with just my amp. Do I need some sort of hardware? I've tried lepou, etc, could anyone recommend something you know works? Any combinations?

A lot of distortion, and maybe scooped mids. A noise gate could make it sound better, too.

So I have a peavey vypyr 30, and i'm DI'ing it into garageband (I live in an APT so miking it is out of the question). How can I achieve an industry standard post-hardcore guitar tone? I've tried podfarm 2 and wasn't able to get any better of a tone than with just my amp. Do I need some sort of hardware? I've tried lepou, etc, could anyone recommend something you know works? Any combinations?
Are you recordind with multi-tracks ? for a great guitar tone you must play the same track at least twice and pan your tracks 100% left and rigth. Don't clone the tracks, it won't work. Record 2 or 4 tight tracks to beef the tone. The distortion and the bass not to high. Put an eq with a low and high pass to avoid being in the bass and drum frequency. Try this and you will get a better tone in the mix. It's a start.