Help Me Pick An EPL Team To Follow

S<issors

wins.
Jan 16, 2007
Now that Philly is getting an MLS team, I feel obligated to take an interest in soccer/football/whatever. I made a halfassed effort to get into MUTD last year, since a bunch of my hallmates were fans, but I don't really want to root for the Yankees of football.

My main concern: I'd like to be able to actually follow the team, so please let me know how I can do that (pay-per-view web service is fine) while continuing to live in America.

Some sort of explanation for your suggestion would be gnarly. For the record, drunken, angry fans are a plus. Being a "big four" team is not necessarily a plus, but not sucking so hard that they'll get kicked out of the EPL would be nice.

Fire away!

Serie A italy league is the best!! go Juventus, but that's a good league, PL is good, the argentina league with Boca Juniors...and there's the german league which is good too..I think portugal has a really good one too :) if you have extra channels on ur tv get fox soccer network, it's not extra like a pay per view channels and has reports and games from every league on all the time..especially the big leagues

Tottenham Hotspur.
Exciting football, odd results, starting to sort themselves out finally (In 5th place, and fighting for 4th) and you know, I support them. So blatently more awesome.

And go to Btjunkie and type in Match of the Day. A guy (albiondean) has started uploading it so you can watch the weekly highlights no problem.
For full matches, couldn't tell you.

@ False Joe,

The spuds are one team whose game I like and would love to see them ass-whoop Arsenal. I'm a Manchester United fan myself. And I'm not one of em glory hunting faggots. Its interesting seeing the way Villa is playing right now.

@ S<issors

Well, novelty is one fuck all reason to support a team. I honestly like the game with deep lying wingers, assisted by overlapping fullbacks and a committed box-to-box man commanding a really fluid attack. Though I'd be delighted if they lose, I must admit that I admire the Arsenal style of passing around. So choose your team according to the way they play and what you find attractive.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned La Liga. Even the bottom half teams play with some amazing flair.

Now that Philly is getting an MLS team, I feel obligated to take an interest in soccer/football/whatever. I made a halfassed effort to get into MUTD last year, since a bunch of my hallmates were fans, but I don't really want to root for the Yankees of football.

My main concern: I'd like to be able to actually follow the team, so please let me know how I can do that (pay-per-view web service is fine) while continuing to live in America.

Some sort of explanation for your suggestion would be gnarly. For the record, drunken, angry fans are a plus. Being a "big four" team is not necessarily a plus, but not sucking so hard that they'll get kicked out of the EPL would be nice.

Fire away!

Manchester United is defentley the Yankees of football so don't root for them.

I'm guessing that the Yankees are supposed to be the rich team buying only expensive superstars, so that would be Chelsea or Real Madrid.

Wooo I spot a Juventus fan! Too bad they got caught with that stupid scandal bullshit, and Ibrahimovic left! But seriously they've housed some of my favorite players ever..Del Piero, Edgar Davids (where the fuck is he?!!!!), Ibrahimovic, Buffon, Trezeguet, Baggio!

However currently I think Barcelona is my favorite team, but that's because I've followed Ibrahimovic's career since he played back in my hometown of Malmo..I used to see that guy at this one cafe all the time because the city was so small (compared to LA at least) and to see his name become so big in the soccer world is just mindblowing

Haha I used to be a big fan of Roberto Baggio as a kid just because I had Diadora football shoes just like him.
Davids has quit unfortunately, but he kinda sucked ass in Ajax anyways so you didn't miss anything.

Wooo I spot a Juventus fan! Too bad they got caught with that stupid scandal bullshit, and Ibrahimovic left! But seriously they've housed some of my favorite players ever..Del Piero, Edgar Davids (where the fuck is he?!!!!), Ibrahimovic, Buffon, Trezeguet, Baggio!

I'd add Nedved to that. You lucky European faggots have it all. Talking about Ibrahimovic, that goal against Italy in Euro 2004 was fucking awesome! That's just a testament to the kind of first touch skills and eye for the goal that he has. I still believe that E'to + 45 million for him is plain stupid on Barca's part though :D

And @ the American dudes above, Man Utd are the only big 4 team that can boast of a good bunch of players from their youth system. I reckon that the Yankees are the first team that a noob hears about ? In that case, possibly Man Utd are like the Yankees, but if you are talking about uber-commercialization and the snatching of the best talent with huge pay cheques, you are wrong. I'm glad they got rid off Ronaldo.