Help my ass

Jaymz

Stymphalian Productions
May 20, 2006
York
www.facebook.com
Ive been comparing my mix to the Divinity mix on my new monitors (see thread) and I realised how tosh my guitars were. I just want to make them more pronunced and in your face WITHOUT boosting stupidly high frequencies to introduce a ton of fizz into the sound. Is compression the key? Im still struggling to get everything to fit well with each other. I just want a clear mix sir :()

This is a general question.

No im not using any impulses. Ive got a LP and HP on but ive got a lot of boosts reccommended by Colin R. Ill have a bit more fiddle.

I'm still trying to get guitar tones under control with my ears but i think my room is a big problem with hearing certain freq corect....

But honestly when my tone is to fizzy or harsh in highs i will low pass even further down than 12k..... shoot Ive went down to 9k before:Smug:

Thats the thing! I think my guitars sound brittle and too fizzy, Ill post a clip when im sober. I think there might be too much mid range then I think they sound too scooped yet fizzy...arg its so shit. I know the mic positioning was fine and the settings were DHIADW on my recto :erk: