Help!! Need to get a good LIVE tone with PODxt

shahps

New Metal Member
Nov 19, 2005
Hey guys,
My name is Prashant, im from India. I play for a death metal band and I have trouble with acheiving a good live tone, recording wise i get a decent tone(or so i would like to think), but live it sounds like mud. I have no metal pack as of now, just the default models that come with a podxt. I dont have a power amp yet so i go in direct. I would really appreciate if you guys gave me tips on setting a good live tone or share some good patches for live purposes. I play a Ibanez 1527 with crappy stock pickups(ive ordered new ones, its hard to get hold of even decent gear in India) on std B tuning. I know this is very vague, but i really dont know where to start and i have a show tommorow. Id appreciate any help. Thanks..

heres a link to one of the songs(if you would be interested in hearing) we've recorded at my place as reference material so we dont forget the song when we plan to go for a final recording, so pardon the useless programming and playing
http://mp3.rsjonline.com/MP3/Exhumation/Exhumation%20-%20Nothing%20But%20Misery.MP3

So you go direct from the PODxt into the PA? Ouch. It sounds like a bit of a lose-lose to me, but you can spend some time using the search function here and looking up the metal patches that people have posted... I'm not sure how many of them use the add-on metal pack etc.

Most of the patches you find here will be geared toward recording, but I'm quite sure with minimal tweaking they would sound fine for live purposes as well. Try to find Kazrog or Andy's patches.

shahps said:
55 views and only one person offers help?

Not everyone knows how to help you. You obviously don't and so you're not one to talk.

:lol: I just realized half the views were probably you anyway.

Sinister Mephisto said:
Not everyone knows how to help you. You obviously don't and so you're not one to talk.

:lol: I just realized half the views were probably you anyway.

What he said.

You can't expect everyone who even VIEWS your post to come up with a good theory on how to get you a great live tone. The good thing for you is that all those people actually cared enough to read your thread and ask themselves if they could be of any help. If they don't know the answer, then there's no need for them to reply.

That being said, I hope you do get a nice live tone. I'm not trying to put you down or anything.

Hammer Bart said:
What he said.

You can't expect everyone who even VIEWS your post to come up with a good theory on how to get you a great live tone. The good thing for you is that all those people actually cared enough to read your thread and ask themselves if they could be of any help. If they don't know the answer, then there's no need for them to reply.

That being said, I hope you do get a nice live tone. I'm not trying to put you down or anything.
It's ok. He is Indian, and Indians demand service. :D

shahps said:
Hey guys,
My name is Prashant, im from India. I play for a death metal band and I have trouble with acheiving a good live tone, recording wise i get a decent tone(or so i would like to think), but live it sounds like mud. I have no metal pack as of now, just the default models that come with a podxt. I dont have a power amp yet so i go in direct. I would really appreciate if you guys gave me tips on setting a good live tone or share some good patches for live purposes. I play a Ibanez 1527 with crappy stock pickups(ive ordered new ones, its hard to get hold of even decent gear in India) on std B tuning. I know this is very vague, but i really dont know where to start and i have a show tommorow. Id appreciate any help. Thanks..

heres a link to one of the songs(if you would be interested in hearing) we've recorded at my place as reference material so we dont forget the song when we plan to go for a final recording, so pardon the useless programming and playing
http://mp3.rsjonline.com/MP3/Exhumation/Exhumation%20-%20Nothing%20But%20Misery.MP3
You know, I listened to your clip, and I think it is awesome.

You can download the patches in my signature and see if you like them. They're designed to be used with a tube screamer pedal, but if you hit the "stomp" button on your POD XT I've put in some tube screamer emulation that will get you tone that's about 80% as good as a real pedal.

The problem with going direct to the PA is that you're throwing your tone into the hands of a potentially bad/damaged PA system. Assuming you're playing small clubs, anyway...

Thanks guys, i'm obviously not good with sound or playing as you guys are so i apologise if ive offended you'll in anyway.

I mentioned India as i was introducing myself as to who I am where Im from. I didnt expect sympathy or im not demanding any service.

Again, Thanks for all the feedback and kazrog for the patches.