Need Help With Tone....

Wolfeman

I Prefer EL-34s. So What?
Feb 21, 2006
Cleveland
So I was messing around with Kazrog's Pod patches, and wanted to know if this tone sounds any good...

Pod Tone Test

SD Live Wire>Maxon OD808>PODxt

I put a high pass at 80hz, and a low pass at 10,000.....

Still sounds a little boomy on the low end during all that palm muting, should I raise the high pass?

Don't use Andy's settings, use YOUR setting, it makes no sense to use someone else's settings. You can use his as a starting point but you need to tweak them so that they can fit your particular sound

+1
These C4 settings are made out to be the holy grail arround here. But many tend to forget that setting a compressor right depends mainly on the level and dynamics of the source material. There is no point in using Andy's setting if for example your track does not even go over the treshold....Dont get me wrong: I appreciate it VERY much that Andy posts stuff like that, as the idea of compressing guitars in that low mids/bass region is very important if you dont know it yet. For me it it was new as I first read it here some months ago....I did everything with EQ until then. However simply slapping "TEH ANDY C4 settings" on there will not help your sound much without understanding it and tweaking it to fit your source material....sorry for the long post....hehe....just something that bothers me arround this forum....

GuitarMaestro said:
+1
These C4 settings are made out to be the holy grail arround here. But many tend to forget that setting a compressor right depends mainly on the level and dynamics of the source material. There is no point in using Andy's setting if for example your track does not even go over the treshold....Dont get me wrong: I appreciate it VERY much that Andy posts stuff like that, as the idea of compressing guitars in that low mids/bass region is very important if you dont know it yet. For me it it was new as I first read it here some months ago....I did everything with EQ until then. However simply slapping "TEH ANDY C4 settings" on there will not help your sound much without understanding it and tweaking it to fit your source material....sorry for the long post....hehe....just something that bothers me arround this forum....

tis the truth

Sounds pretty damn good Wolfeman.. bit fizzy, but that's the POD XT for ya.. nice crunch to it, i like it..

I would have to say work on the fizz aspect and tighten up the low end a little bit more. Then again the loose tight end might be something in your playing style.

Yeah I've been dealing with the fizz since day one with the POD.... I've had luck pulling back the gain, treble and presence, but you can only go so far and you can still hear the fizz... You can actually remove all the fizz by doing some notch filtering, but it ends up taking away something from the tone... All I can say is I need to get out of this apartment or build a iso box so I can use my fucking XXX to record....