I'm not a gtr player, & need help with this tone

jman1986

Sep 24, 2009
Alright i am not a guitar player and i have this tone, witch is crap and i need some advice on how to make it better.

I am using pod farm platinum, and the cali-diamond plate amp and i am not happy with the tone, i didn't do much to it and the band i am recording is fine with this tone. But personally it sucks.
All i've done so far is high and low pass a little bit and boost 2-3k like 3db with the standard digidesign EQ, (i don't have waves plugins, some day i will b able to afford them.)

HERE is the distorted 30 second clip of it. (in stereo)

and HERE is the DI 30 second clip of it. (in mono)

an any one re-amp this, and or give me some pointers to what amps sound good in pod farm, and what settings i should use to make it better sounding? i wish i was a guitar player to just sit here play random things over and over and go through tones.

@ahjteam what are you talking about, all i am asking is what do u think i should do to make this better EX: high pass more, boost in this certain area, add more low end here) stuff like that. How else can i put it into context?

and at @metalfanat1c thanks man for reamping this, i like it!

No problem. I'd reamp the whole tune if you'd post it, but like I said, I'm having volume issues right now. Don't want that in ANY final product. :lol:

yes there are drums and vocals in this song. I just posted the gtr part to get suggestions on how to make the tone better. I am only doing 2 songs for a local band.