Need help with a guitar tone

thefish666

Jun 28, 2007
Please check this out!!! I am a total newbee, especially with guitar tones, I am a bass player..and new to recording. I have here about a one minute clip (mp3 format) guitar only, could you let me know if you think anything can be done with this , please anything you can offer up would be deeply appreciated, any feedback or some kind of a fix. This was recorded about a year ago from a friend who is not local to me....If anybody needs I will post the wav file (24bit-44), it was orginally recorded in 16bit-44, but bounced the track to 24-44....Thank U in advance

http://www.upload.celtiaproductions.co.uk/uploads/deadlyground gtr part.mp3

you should give more information on how you recorded it. It sounds distant or something. Not upfront. Sounds like you stuck a mic in the middle of the room and recorded the amp. How loud was the amp when you recorded it? I think it doesn't sound that bad. Just needs to be more upfront.

It was recorded using the Line 6 - Vetta...I am not sure what the volume was at, an old friend who lives 3000 miles from me recorded it for me. I would love to do this track over, but I do not have the resources at this time...