First Logic tone tests

dkZero

New Metal Member
Nov 11, 2009
Auckland, New Zealand
Hi,
I'm brand new at this and this is my first ever test so please give any and all crit/pointers.

Just want some pointers and crit on guitar tone. This one is just using the amp designer in Logic. (drums are just some default clip out of EZ, no eq, no nothin', just there for the sake of it)
To me the guitar sounds thin and wimpy but I don't know how to get it punchier and meatier, so that's where you guys come in ... I hope.
Was thinking of getting Pod Farm but thought I would play with this to see what I can get out of it.

Cheers.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/526809/Audio/Tone Test 3.mp3

If you want to get more meat into a guitar tone, adding a bass guitar to the mix helps this greatly.
As for the guitar tone its good considering its logics home made amp sim :p

Thanks very much for the input.
Yeah, I do need to get myself a bass. I was going to try to program some in with a AUi but haven't got that far yet.

I'm finding it really difficult to get a tone that I love with Logic alone.
Also since I'm totally new my skills with compression, EQ, etc are extremely weak.
I'm just using Logic presets and adjusting slightly to taste. I'm doing reading to improve my understanding of what my little adjustments are doing but advice from experienced people is always the best education.

So would Pod Farm be a good next step from the Logic amp designer? Or should I stick with Logic and get better at processing etc?

Pod farm would be a good addition to your setup i reckon, theres alot more to work with with regards to different head, cab and mic combos.