hundredthish style band(need help)

infectdsniper

Dec 6, 2010
Athens, AL
www.facebook.com
okay just trying to get some pointers on the guitar and bass tone mainly. most of the vocals are going to be redone. be careful of the volume after the intro.

but guitars chain is Schecter hellraiser -> maxon 808 -> ENGL Blackmore -> sm57 -> mashall straight with v30s into a neve type pre

bass is some bass thru Nigel

they are going for a hundredth type of tone. any pointers? :]

iv also got a 5150 and pod farm if those might get closer

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/41026129/Fights rough1.mp3

did you listen to hundredth? but that was on the high gain channel so if its just gain and nothing else i would probably just switch channels or turn the gain down but the ENGL is def not higher gain than the 5150 :rofl:

any tips as far as eq goes anyone?

as for the keyboards thats just part of there style

but i prob will try the 5150 just to see if i can get closer with it tomorrow

haha well altho i think the gain is a little higher in the 5150 version im pretty sure they used a 5150 on this album. i guess im going to have to learn my engl a little better before i try to use it. about to upload a new version with the 5150 into an impulse

Yes, I like some of Hundredth's stuff. Sometimes they just sound like a watered down It Prevails to me though. I know for a fact one of the guitarists uses either a 6505 or 5150. Try it out.

I have an Engl and can tell you that the 5150 would be your best bet for hundredth. ive used 5150's many times. Engl DOESN'T have more gain than a 5150, but is far more ballsy than the 5150 and more suited for meshuggah type stuff. definitely not hardcore :) I would definitely add some grit to that bass tone. for most hardcore/metal bands i always have a good bit of grit. get a sansamp if you dont have one, or get the TSE BOD pedal. its freeware as well. Its just a sansamp sim.

okay heres with the 5150. it probably needs to be mixed a little better but i think this is close to what im going for.

and i have the tse and pod sansamp sims already :D any tips on this bass grind(like what eq range it should fall under) and just a different track with the grind on top or are you suggesting having the eq split for the 2 bass tracks?
i have it just on top of the other bass track around 200 to 3000 right now just adding a bit of grit with heavy distorting compression

thanks for the help guys

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/41026129/Fights rough2.mp3

tone sounds more fitting, for bass i would use the TSE BOD pedal first in the chain and the pod farm sansamp sim under that to add some grit. on the sansamp i would have the drive at around 12 o clock. trebled at around 11 o clock. presence at around 1 o clock and blend 100% then just use the pod farm sansamp sim to add some grit to the tone, you should be able to dial in the right amount with that. Then just string in your EQ and whatever else. I would put your Compression before any EQ work though, if you choose to use it. I will use Waves C4 from time to time on bass tones just to keep the really low end in control

often times you may consider running one of those bass tracks through a ts808 for a good mid range boost, just blend it pretty lightly/to taste with your main bass track