Whats is wrong with these guitars(Help)

Jul 31, 2010
For some reason i feel these sound like shit, and that there needs to be a cut somewhere, they just do not sound smooth to me at all.

maybes its just me see what you think. any help would be great.
and yes this sounds better in context, but you can still hear that tone and it just sounds horrible to me and not clear or smooth at all.
I just can not figure out what needs done next, i have tried and tried and i can not figure it out. i guess its not the worst thing ever, but its definitely not up to my standards

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13978357/Horible guitar sound.mp3

-Settings-

pod farm.
noise gate
TS
cali D plate.
Threadplate
Pod farm EQ

TS settings.

drive 38%
gain 65%
Tone 40%

amp settings

Gain 50%
Bass 70%
Mids 60%
Treble 80%
pres 70%

Pod farm EQ
500hz -5.0 Db
4K -4.0 Db

then i have a EQ with these cuts.

High pass at 100HZ
band at 20HZ -5.1 Db
band at 800HZ -3.1 Db
band at 1200HZ -1.5 Db
Low pass at 12K

then a multiband just pushing down the lows.

see i just posted this because in the mix its covered up so much, But like i can still hear what im talking about. the guitar tone is the worst thing in the mix to me.

So i thought maybe someone would be able to tell me whats going on with it.
it just doesn't sound very professional to me, and i have pulled off way better tones than this, so i have no clue whats going on with it.

the tone is badass, but yea i could see how it might sound a little muddy...at least that's what i'm hearing. Cut a little more out of the 700-800hz range maybe. Is this the same guitar from some of the other tracks you've uploaded?

the reason posted just the guitars is because what im talking about is masked by everything else in the mix so much.

There is a akward sound at leas to me.
like kinda scratchy/fizzy sounding.
the tone over all is just not clear to me.

so i figured if i just posted the guitars you might be able to hear what im talking about. the tone to me would be fine if just those weird freq were out of it.

its really hard to explain what im hearing

The tone sounds good for a POD, I don't have many qualms with it... maybe dial the gain on the cali plate up to 55 or 60% and see how that rubs you. I don't hear much unwarranted scratch/fizz. I think the picking could be a bit harder and that could also lend something to the tone.

The tone sounds good for a POD, I don't have many qualms with it... maybe dial the gain on the cali plate up to 55 or 60% and see how that rubs you. I don't hear much unwarranted scratch/fizz. I think the picking could be a bit harder and that could also lend something to the tone.

yeah im realize it could be part of the players hands, they were young and i tried to get them to really get into the chugs but it wasn't happening lol

Get rid of the POD?

i normally never use pod, just for monitoring when bands are tracking, but this bands all about the depths album and they will bitch until its super close to it sadly.

i wanted to use the 5150 on it, but for some reason they think that the pod tones better than a 5150 lol which i think is just dumb. but there young and everyones about sturgis now of days defiantly the younger kids.