Help no sound

Colonial Boy

Havenless
Apr 18, 2003
Portsmouth, UK
Visit site
Today just like any other day I plugged everything in to play with my guitar, only today I can't get any sound out of the amp :yell: It worked fine yesterday but now I just get a small amount of white noise when I turn the amp up with no guitar sound at all coming through. The amp seems to be working correctly cos it makes its usual sound when I turn it on so I don't think thats the problem.

I've tried fiddling with the knobs on the guitar and on the amp and messing around with the lead to check for faults but nothings working. The lead is very new btw and is pretty thick so it should be fine. What is the most likely cause? :confused:

give me your signal chain and i will pinpoint exactly what is wrong

As in Guitar ->_____->______->_______->aamplifier

any pedals, or rack gear, wireless equipment, check your stereo effets loop make sure nothing is plugged into that, if yoru guitar has active PU make sure there are batteries in it, if you run a wirless try the volume knob on it, and also check batteries, any pedals, check batteries and if using a AC power check all of yout connections, and make sure you speakers are properly hooked up to the power amp.

hat should do it, if you still have problems post again and ill check some more

The wires are all fine it seems. I can't believe it, it was working perfectly yesterday but now theres just nothing happening. I'm suffering from withdrawl symptoms already :ill:. I'm at uni atm so I can't try out my other guitar on the amp. I might buy another lead tomorrow just to rule that out.

i dont know what to tell you,
maybe its a power thing (not enough power at your house). Is it a huge system

Colonial Boy said:
Nah, just a little practice amp. I'm gonna get a new lead tomorrow to test it out then. If it doesn't i'm in deep shit. No money and I was going through a creative period :erk:

hey, just a simple process of elimination here, first try hooking a CD player or someone elses guitar or a mic or keyboard or something up to your amp, if it doesnt make sound, your amp is fucked.
if it does make sound your guitar is fucked up.
but you might be able to fix it...
take the panel off of it with a screwdriver and see where the cable is inserted into the guitar? the prong that touches the tip of the guitar might be bent backwards too far and not touching the cable, therefore no signal. so, bend it in the direction so that its touching the cable insert.
otherwise, dunno what to tell you, i had the same thing happen once, and thats how i fixed it.