Problem with my amp . . .

Ironbird666

Jul 11, 2004
I am running Nady EQ through the effects loop of my 5150. Two days ago I was playing my guitar and noticed that my volume started to drop. I was a little confused and didn't pay it much attention until I lost almost all sound from my amp. I tried changing cables, different guitars, anything I could think of. The amp works fine if I shut off the effects loop, but as soon as I enable the loop I lose volume. Also, it doesn't just lose volume, when I turn the amp louder it just sounds like it is underwater. Any help would be much appreciated. :confused:

Is it just with the EQ unit or any effect? That's the best way to isolate the problem. If it happens with any effect, it is your amp. Otherwise, it's the Nady EQ (which is what I think it is).

Did you try running the EQ in front of the amp? And I'm just curious -- why are you running EQ through the FX loop? Hope this helps somewhat...

The only effect I am running through the loop is my EQ. I have tried running the EQ through the front of my amp a few times and never could get it to sound right. I never had any problems running it through the fx loop and was always able to get a great sound until now.

Well... I would try running another effect through the loop and turning it up to see if it's the amp that's causing the problem. Either way, it sounds like either the amp or the EQ has become broken all of the sudden... Best of luck to you.

Thanks for the help, I'll try my friends EQ through my amp later. Hopefully it's nothing too serious heheh.