Help on my Psychology Of Metal: Ensiferum section plz!

sammetalheadz16

New Metal Member
Jan 21, 2012
Hi fellow vikings/metallers! I hope you could help me. I'm writing a book on "metal psychology" and I'm doing a piece on Ensiferum currently. Amon amarth, Týr, and Dreamtale are some other featured bands. I am going on the 70,000 tons of metal cruise so hopefully they could tell me there, but the part i'm on this week is about the fans. If you don't mind, could you answer a few questions? I'll gladly credit your usernames. And I'll use the info you give me to find out mainly what people think Ensiferum is like offstage, what songs connect with what types of people and why, and how Ensiferum impacts people differently. Lastly, what kind of direction fans would take with the music, and how they would do it.
1) If you could list some songs that you personally connect with, lyrically or otherwise
2) if when you saw them live, did you see them as one musical force or as separate musicians who did their own thing then were connected through audio? What kind of impression did they leave on you? And did it alter your listening habits?And please explain
3) what would you, if you were to fill in for one of the musicians, be thinking about the most backstage and in concert? And given the opportunity to connect with the band, what would you expect them to be like towards you and to each other? How would you envision they operate as a whole?
And once you met them, what would you feel towards their music after an enjoyable time? What about a less enjoyable experience with them? What would that do to your listening habits?
4) if you could write a song for the band, what lyrical direction would it take and how would that connect to your personal thoughts/experiences?
Thanks and I hope I can show them some work at the cruise!
PS. If any of you know psychology, help please!

Book summary:
First off, this book isn't some textbook! It's debsigned to appeal to any fan, as it follows the story of a fictitious character as he explores and analyzes the metal scene, travelling, becoming friends with, and playing shows with bands In this book, you'll read about huge acts like Amon Amarth, Ensiferum, and Entombed, up-and coming acts like Týr, Dreamtale, Loudguns, Skyforge and Stargazery, and some bands that aren't around anymore, but have legacies that have shaped the "thought processes" of metal. Now many of the bands in this book have kindly offered their input (especially Akseli of Dreamtale and Loudguns!) But of course, some bands are touring most of the year, and so I simply inquired on forums to the fans, who provided much needed input (shout-out to Ultimate Metal Forum!) So some of the information for Dreamtale, for example, will have more of a band perspective, whereas Amon Amarth will be based largely on fan input. I would also like to give a HUGE shout-out to Akseli from Dreamtale and Loudguns, who has been kind enough to offer his input on his two awesome bands! There are notes included in the back, which were taken from what I found out during research.