Help Plz: Windows 7 Driver

Warwickwhore

New Metal Member
Oct 15, 2009
I recently got a nice toshiba satellite i7 with 6gb ram as a graduation gift and for college. This blows my desktop away. The thing is ive gotten rid of 95% of my home studio equipment, I dont have my Tascam 1641 anymore. My only interface is a Roland, Edirol UR-80 audio interface/midi controller.

The website doesnt have Windows 7 drivers.. The only other suggestion I found was to try the Vista drivers but the installer wont even open for me. I've had this working perfectly on my XP Pro desktop, its just because this is windows 7. Is there any alternative drivers out there I could use or something???

I only use it for my bass guitar, and now that I have a laptop I want to use it with my rig. This unit is a bit more than what I need, so if I cant find a solution and someone wants to trade a windows 7 compatible interface for it send me a message..

Try disabling UAC (control panel/User accounts/Change User account control setting) then try to install Visa drivers

What OS are you using x64 or x32?You can try to unpack the driver then manual install (select device via device manager / update driver and point to RDIF1035.inf) , see if that will work

I'm running x64. I cant seem to find any .inf files in the package.. Only .DAT i .SYS and .DLL When I click update driver I tried selecting the whole folder and that didnt work either =//

Did you select Let me pick bla bla and then have disk?That is the problem (not for manual install but for normal setup installation) that you are on x64 and the driver is probably x32

I go to Device Manager. There is two UR-80 listed the other is for MIDI. I doubleclick the first one and click the driver tab. Then I click update driver and browse. Selected UR-80P_win-xp folder and it says unable to install your UR-80. Same thing happens when I try other files in the folder..

When you are on that tab click Browse then on that tab click below "Let me pick from a list......." then click on Have Disk and select that ini,but I don't think it will work because you are on x64

Oh I found out what you meant. It says the folder you selected doesnt contain a compatable driver for your device after i select the ini =[