Help: Problem reamping with Saffire pro 40.

xthecavemanx

Jan 20, 2011
Puerto Rico
I just purchased a Saffire Pro 40 and a Amt P1 this week. Got home super excited to start doing some reamps and then I ran into a problem. After I set all inputs and outputs on both my daw and the saffire mix control, i turned the pedal on to see if it was all working and I get a really loud static kind of sound. So I plugged my guitar straight to the pedal and to the input of the Saffire pro and everything works perfectly fine. Im thinking all this is a problem with the output routing or something but I cant fix it. Any help would be super appreciated.

Update: After i had this problem with the P1 I decided to try out some other pedals I have. The behringer hm300 and the ibanez sm7 both work perfect, no buzz or hum or anything. But when I tried my Mxr M80 it was also making that same loud hum/buzzing noise, all tho it was a lot less noticeable when I used the Di output of the Mxr with an xlr cable then when i used it through the regular output. So could it be that I need a reamp box or something to be able to reamp with these pedals ?