Help retrieving MIDI files from old HD

Vicioushead

Jan 29, 2012
Ireland
Hi all,

Not sure this is the correct forum for this but I couldn't see a category that matched.

I recently built a new PC after the motherboard in my old one died. I transferred the old HD in this new one as I wanted to continue working on projects. I would open the old projects in Cubase, export the MIDI and import into Logic.

Sadly, some of the old project files will not open in Cubase so I can't retrieve the MIDI's ;_;

Is there anyway to access them? Are they in a folder somewhere on the HD?

Please help em Sneapsters! You're my only hope!

They do not open? Try to open with other DAW, reaper. I know that sessions exported in cubase 5 dont open in cubase 4, well but that´s not the case, this are midi files.

The MIDI files are part of the project file and can only be exported that way. For some reason some of the just freeze. I tried booting from the old HD but it just blue screens after the Windows XP logo :(

As far as I know .cpr files will only open with Cubase.

what cubase version are you using? You cant access the HD? that´s a shit. Why dont you try to connect your main HD to the one that have the files. If you manage to acess your old HD, the midi files must be in the project folder.

The only way I can get this to work apparently, is to e mail the .cpr file to someone that was Cubase and get them to export the MIDI's for me. The MIDI files do not go to a folder, they are part of that .cpr. I think it's Cubase SX.

I got it sorted :)

A friend has Cubase 5 and he retrieved the MIDI files for me. I wasn't looking forward to programming those drums again!