NEED HELP, how to open cubase projects on new computer?

jsaudio

Dec 30, 2010
Hey guys i really need help with this, so if anyone knows how to do this it would help a lot.

I just upgraded to a new computer and got cubase 5 and installed it.

I used to use a different computer with cubase le 4, i save all my cubase le4 projects on an external hard drive.

I moved the external hard drive to the new computer and when i try to open my old cubase projects in cubase 5 it will open but all the audio files are missing, i assume this is because the pool is on my old computers hard drive?
How can i transfer the pool or get these projects to open with the audio files on the new computer?

Thanks so much

so i would just open the project in cubase le 4 on my original computer, then save backup as something else, put it on my external hard drive then move the external to my new comp, and import the file?

yup, you need to go back to your old machine, goto file, save project to new folder option. then you can designate a new location to save all your associated files

well my projects are already saved to my external hard drive which i have taken that and moved all those projects and everything to my new computer, the projects will open but the audio files are all missing?? a thing pops up saying there are missing files, how do i get them on the new computer?

Either the audio session files are not saved on that hard drive, or you haven't directed Cubase to look in a new directory. When you open a session and it tries to load missing files, Cubase should ask you if you want to point to a new folder for the audio files, or locate them (I can't remember the wording). Click the appropriate button and Cubase should find the right files, providing you pointed to the right drive. If you click the "search" button, you can just specify the external drive in question and it will load them all.

If everything is for sure on the external drive, it shouldn't be hard at all.