need some help please

Sep 16, 2007
hey everyone I have a question for all cubase sx 3 users

As I'm sure you know when you choose a folder to save a project into, cubase automatically creates 2 folders inside that folder called Images and Audio. Where it then obviously saves the images and audio used in the project.

My question is this .. is there anyway to delete the files (audio and images) of a project by simply by deleting the project itself??

I have a problem at the moment because when I first started using cubase I wasn't aware that it didnt automatically do this so I saved all of my projects into the same folder and when I was tracking I put really generic names on the tracks (such as "Guitar right", "Snare mic" etc.)

these audio files which I no longer need are hogging an intolerable amount of space on my computer but I can't just delete them individually because I have named them so similarly that I am afraid I might delete files that I actually need.

Yes, I am a noob for not being more organized and if there isn't any real solution to this problem I have definitely learned my lesson the hard way ..
I'm hoping this isnt the case though hahah so if anyone has encountered this problem before and solved it I would really appreciate the help cause I'm stuck for space on my computer at the moment and I need to do something about it.

Thanks for reading and any input is greatly appreciated!:kickass:

Open the sessions you need to keep, save them to a new drive. Make sure all the audio files are saved in that new location.
Format the old drive.

You should implement some file management system before you start recording. This and way worse happens when you don't.

You could open the sessions you want to keep, rename the files, and save them to a new folder.

heres a primer for session organization.
1 drive for all your recordings and only recordings NOT THE SYSTEM DRIVE
Make a folder for the band you are working on
Open Cubase and start a new project. Make a new folder in the Band folder with the song name. Save.
When ever you start working on the project on another day, open the previous session and immediately do a Save As use the same song folder, but add the current date to the end of the filename, possibly a description of what you are working on ex. songname.01.21.08.vocalcomp.extension
That makes each step of the process easy to go back to, and keep your sessions uncluttered.
When you do something like vocal tuning, vocal comping, comping, Beat Detective, or reamping, do it in a separate session and import the finished track to your Master session (your most current version) and remove source tracks.
You should have 1 audio files folder for each song, you should have multiple session files using the same audio files folder. Never delete anything until the cds have been pressed.
After each day of work, copy the song folder to another drive, preferably a external firewire drive. This is your backup, this will save your ass when your computer inevitably crashes and destroys months of work. Without it you have to start over from the beginning. A backup in this situation is priceless.

There is an official guide to this from NARAS http://www.grammy.com/Recording_Academy/Producers_And_Engineers/Guidelines/