HELP !! Severe Kontakt / Slate freezing problems

JayB

Oct 10, 2009
open.spotify.com
I am having a hell of a time with Kontakt. It never ran great for me and when playing a drum kit of Slate samples in a session (even without cymbals) I would run into a problem where my whole computer would freeze and the only solution was to restart my computer and load PT up again (takes forever!)
Now when I play even just one measure of drums , EVERY SINGLE TIME it freezes. I have restarted my computer at least 10 times in a row today because of this and nothing as far as changing settings seems to help. I have a pretty decent computer , quad core , 5 gigs ram etc, and nothing else besides Kontakt has EVER froze my computer like that. I am assuming that I must have something drastically wrong in the Kontakt settings or something. If one of you guys could post your Kontakt settings it would probably help me out a lot , as Kontakt is seriously unusable at this point. BTW I have the Pro Tools playback engine buffer size at 2048 and using 85% , and all 4 cores.

I know when I use SSD on PT on my mac book pro, I put the buffer size to 1024, because putting it to 2048 dose not do much more than 1024 (I heard somewhere that it makes it worse, I might be wrong though.) and as well as close out of all other apps that you don't need running, and turning it to 95%. Works like a charm for me.

Eric

Thanks for the input man. I still have it set to 2048 , but I changed it to 2 processors instead of 4 , I read on another site that helps , and it seems to have stopped the problem for now. I would still appreciate if some other people could post the Kontakt settings that work for them