Help the US soldiers ?

S

Satans_ mom

I recently got invovled in a CD ring to send music to the soldiers in both Iraq and Afganistan. I sent a shitload, and I feel good about it ( heh, all METAL TOO). They're in a foreign land, with no access to the comforts of home. Things like razors, antiseptic wipes, baby wipes, books, pens, paper, envelopes, food that they've become accustomed to, like SUGAR! Chips, sweet stuff. Clothing, batteries (Headphones!), laundry stuff. Letters, JOKES! Pictures of you and your girlfriend, with a funny letter. MUSIC!

There's a site dedicated to this, they give you ideas on care packages, what are likes and dislikes, what not to send, all that.

http://www.anysoldier.us/index.cfm

Saying yes, I support the troops is one thing, and I know we all mean it because we either have friends, or loved ones there, or we ourselves can sympathize with what the fuck they're doing over. Who'd want that shit? I know I wouldn't. Anyway, there are times in our lives when all we can think of is ourselves, and how shit deals are going down, just life in general. SO, this is way to donate. It really puts things in your life in perspective. It wouldn't take much to help, and if you like the idea, cool. Maybe instead of buying a christmas present for someone who has everything, you could do this in their name.

I don't want to come off like you have to do this! If you want, here's the information is all.

I don't want to pressure Will, but take him for instance. He writes a funny letter, sends a pic of himself in his red suit, and his beautiful girlfriend, and a copy of his Demo. How cool would that be?

This site has a good rep, but as always, be aware of fuckheads on the internet.

A well thought out gift pack that only costs like 15 bucks could mean alot to someone in a really shitty place and time in our world.

"I don't want to pressure Will, but take him for instance. He writes a funny letter, sends a pic of himself in his red suit, and his beautiful girlfriend, and a copy of his Demo. How cool would that be? "

That doesn't sound like a bad idea!

A well thought out gift pack that only costs like 15 bucks could mean alot to someone in a really shitty place and time in our world.[/QUOTE]

Sounds really cool to me man.

Very COOL WILL!

I've been reading the site with a fine tooth comb, and all of them seem to be dying for magazines, books, anything to read, newspapers, all that. Hell, I think I could send all my Rolling Stone mags (it was a gift)...

I'm getting my pack ready, and it's about 6 bucks to mail...don't take any shit of the Postal People either.