Help - Wich guitar would you buy?

Pxz

Nov 13, 2006
Chile - La Serena
I have the opportunity to buy and Ibanez 1527 with Dimarzio Blazes (used but in good shape) , or a LTD MHB 400 Baritone brand new.
Of course, one is a seven and the other a six string, i dont mind the extra string that much, i just want a guitar that sound good.
Both guitars are in the same price range.
Why im asking?, because i cant play the guitars by myself before buying .

Any experience with this guitars ?

Check specs here : http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_specialty.html
listed as MHB 401

http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RG1527

The guitar will be used for riff playing in B standard tunning

Thanks in advance dudes.

Yep im really tempted by the 27 scale lenght of the LTD . I dont understand why most sevens are 25.5 to begin with . But i never played on a baritone and i dont know if the difference in scale is really that obvious in tone .

Yep im really tempted by the 27 scale lenght of the LTD . I dont understand why most sevens are 25.5 to begin with . But i never played on a baritone and i dont know if the difference in scale is really that obvious in tone .

Yes, it usually is. Your B string will sound noticably more punchy and tight.

Most 7's are not long scale because the top 6 strings are generally tuned to standard, and the longer scale doesn't really suit them.

i own and play both LTD baritone and an Ib. Universe. For mainly rhythm and riffing: definately go for the baritone.

A couple of BIG problems with the Viper baritone though - one of my good friend's has one, and while it plays great, is built solid, etc., the satin finish dents and dings SO easily, and more importantly when standing up with a strap on (not strap-on :D), the thing is horribly unbalanced, very neck-heavy. He seems to manage alright with it, so I guess it's not unbearable, but definitely try one out first! (or buy it from a place with a good return policy)

It`s going to have return policy atleast. The viper shape seems wierd to me, thats why im looking for the MH version. I think baritones will feel akward when you first play them , how does it sound to you?

The MH-401B is Indonesian. Not even Korean.

Leaving preferences aside, I think the Ibanez would be hands down a better guitar.