Help with arrangements

the_satanic_rabbit

Return of Ganon
Oct 30, 2002
Twin Cities, MN
www.omwresearch.com
I liked Jadty's midi file so much, I had to make my own. :D

Seriously though, I've been using a note generation program which I wrote to help me come up with some ideas...the only problem is that when I put it together, it really sounds like spastic ink or something Ron would write. Not that it's bad, but it's so different from what I normally write. And I want to somehow put in the wacky stuff in a sutble way with my normal sounding stuff, but it just sounds too different.

I was working on a song and in the middle of it I wanted to have some wacky stuff, so I plugged some stuff into my program and transcribed it. The part I was working on right before it sounded like music from contra, so I put in a contra type part before the wacky stuff in the midi to see how it sounds. But I don't know how to transition from something so normal to something so drastic, and then back again.

Any thoughts?

Here is the midi.

http://sconnelly0170.home.mchsi.com/files/wacky.mid

Thanks...

I really can't help you here.. Actually I don't think you need a transition in the second part. But it might be easier to say with more instruments programmed.

I know what you mean writing transitions is an art it's what makes a bunch riffs become a song. To be honest i would say its just practice and fiddling around. One thing you could try is a chord progression leading from a "normal" section into a "wacky" section.