help with cab decision

Jaekae

Legendary Member
Feb 16, 2009
Gothenburg, Sweden
Im trying to decide between buying a cheap or expensive cab :p

Harley benton 2x12 with v30 goes for 215 , or ill get a brunetti dual cab 2x12 with v30 which is high quality handbuilt and i get it for 529 cos of a good deal i get for buying directly from the company instead of a store where they are like 700 or something, around 500 is my maximum cab budget

I know the benton cab sounds good and are priceworthy as hell, but i got a feeling that the brunetti cab will sound better for my amp and i know it is better quality

If i get the benton ill get 300 over to spend on other guitar/recording related stuff, which is a plus also,

what would you think would be the best bet?

amp is a brunetti xl-revo2

I'd much rather have a Benton 4x12 for recording than the highest quality 2x12 known to man! (and in fact, I had a Bogner 2x12 for awhile, and that's pretty up there, and every 4x12 I've owned subsequently has smoked it for recording)

Go for the Benton man.Value for money.Check for GodDamnGuitar's posts for the Benton.He got some serious tone out of it.

Why bentons are so cheap?

Because they're mass produced in one of these Asian factories (preferably Chinese) who can cut costs by producing under multiple labels/brands (quantity) and extremely low labour and general production costs (quality control etc.). Also, their means of production (especially the woods) might be of questionable quality and - that's something some people accuse Thomann of - questionable origin.