Help with cab/speaker connection and decision on purchase?

ForHerDeadEyes

Señor Member
Jan 24, 2011
Sweden
I'm on the lowend here, but I hope there's a nice (and cheap) solution!

So I have a Warwick Blue Cab 60.1, it's a 1x12, and I planned on switching out the speaker for a Celestion Vintage 30 so I can record guitar and bass.

Now I'm thinking it would be nicer to have a separate cab for guitar, so I can still use the BC60.1 with bass, not worrying about blowing the speaker.
And it would probably add some seperation not recording guitar and bass through the same cab and V30.

So one solution would be to get this:
Harley Benton G112 Vintage - Thomann Sverige
Which is a 1x12 cab with a V30.
Then make a guitarcable with a couple of crocodile clips on one end and connect to the speaker wires on the BC60.1.
Then I can switch between cabs.
(I do have a 15w amp that has speaker out, but I guess it would be to weak)

Another solution would be to get this:
Harley Benton HB-80R - Thomann Sverige
Which is a 1x12 amplifier combo with a Celestion SEVENTY/80 (but clips make me believe they're a bit dark).
Then I can bypass the amplifier via the line-input on it.

I'll be using VST's and also some hardware such as a Bad Monkey tubescreamer, DS-1, Damage Control Solid Metal, and other stuff, for distortion. I've got a reampbox (Daccapo), but the BC60.1 has a couple RCA inputs, so it depends on what route I need.

I could always go for a cheaper speaker and buy some wood and make a cab myself, but.. yeah.. I don't think so, Tim.
I don't necessarily need a V30, just a speaker that would be versitale with different styles of music.
Mostly metal..

I've looked for used amps/cabs, but I'm in Sweden, and I can't find anything that seems worth it.
I could of course save a month, but I need it within two months.
And none of it will be used live or moved around, all for home recording.

Thanks!