Help in choosing a speaker

Nuno Filipe

You talkin' to me?
Jul 1, 2009
Portugal
I need some help from you guys. I have a harley benton g212 vintage and this shit has a quite good sound, considering his price but the thing its the with my guitar processor this thing has so fucking much mids that´s a bit annoying. The processor has all mids at minimum and I still run a eq after the processor to cut even more mids, and it´s not cuting just a few.

Now, I think the best thing I can do it´s replace the v30 stock speaker with a speaker with much less mids, I will not replace both, I think one might do the trick. So, my knowledge about cab speakers are not very large. But from what I heard I think the celestion Celestion Seventy 80 seems the best bet. The Celestion G12T-75 doesnt seem bad also but the 80 seems to sound better for what I am looking.

There are better options to consider? For the people who have this cab, it´s easy to open this cab? and replace the speakers?

Sounds strange. Are you sure you're not running a speaker simulator on your processor? That could certainly result in an abundance of mids (speaker>cab>mic>speaker essentially)

Sounds strange. Are you sure you're not running a speaker simulator on your processor? That could certainly result in an abundance of mids (speaker>cab>mic>speaker essentially)

Well, yes but last time I tried disabled, it sounded like shit but I never tried with this cab. I could look into that but I might say that the processor is a zoom gfx8 so it´s a very old technology of speaker simulation.

Speaker simulation is off, what is on it´s amp simulator and some kind of amp type. So the question is still valid. Thanks anyway.

I cant speak to the 80 but 75's are cool speakers, especially in a mix with V30s. While they have a very recognizable scooped thing going on, it is a very classic sound that really works when it works.

Also, I feel like a broken record recommending it, but the K-100's are insanely cool sounding speakers.

I cant speak to the 80 but 75's are cool speakers, especially in a mix with V30s. While they have a very recognizable scooped thing going on, it is a very classic sound that really works when it works.

Also, I feel like a broken record recommending it, but the K-100's are insanely cool sounding speakers.

I think I heard some clips with K 100 and yes great sound. It´s something to consider also. Thanks