So... tell me about Jensen Speakers?

fenders

Jun 28, 2009
Searched around, didnt see much info on these particular speakers. So im looking into buying a new cab, the particular cab im looking at is a 2x12 lopo cab loaded with jensen electric lightnings.

Soooo anyone own these?

what are your opinions on them and how do they compare with other speakers?

should i just buy a 2x12 harley benton w/v30's and call it a day?

Im on a budget so the HB is really tempting, but would it be worth the extra money for the jensens?

thanks guys

As far as the HB 2x12 with V30s are you mentioned goes, I've got one and it's not a bad little box.
It's not gonna give ya Mesa Boogie Recto Trad or Oversize 4x12 tones, but neither are you paying that kinda price either anyway.
A bit boxy sounding, but as far as cabs for recording your own stuff goes and scratch tracks, it's nice.
Is it possible you can stretch to the HB 4x12 with V30s? That would probably be a bit nicer and sound less boxy, and definitely a lot cheaper than a Mesa cab

The EL should sound more scooped at 500hz-700hz than a v30, but with the same basic characteristics. It's harsher than a G12-65. Some people on a german forum wrote, that the wizard is the most similar eminence speaker but the eminence has more 400hz. All in all it's probably the best speaker Jensen offers for the brutal stuff. Don't buy the JCHs/MODs - they suck. I had 2.

EDIT: Here's a shitty little shootout I found: http://forums.krankamps.com/krankforum/yaf_postsm10401_Speaker-Shootout--Emi-V12Texas-Heat-Jensen-Electric-Lightning.aspx

Cool man thanks for the info! Would you recommend them?

As far as the HB 2x12 with V30s are you mentioned goes, I've got one and it's not a bad little box.
It's not gonna give ya Mesa Boogie Recto Trad or Oversize 4x12 tones, but neither are you paying that kinda price either anyway.
A bit boxy sounding, but as far as cabs for recording your own stuff goes and scratch tracks, it's nice.
Is it possible you can stretch to the HB 4x12 with V30s? That would probably be a bit nicer and sound less boxy, and definitely a lot cheaper than a Mesa cab

I could go with the 4x12 but I'll mainly be playing in my bedroom with a few shows here and there and I feel like it would be overkill. And I have a little money so I'm not necessarily limited to the HB, it's just the cheapest and I've heard good things. I could actually spend about $400-500 on one so if you have any great recommendations please let me know :)

Also is any orange cab great? Lol