Alternative to V30's/Gt75's/Greenback for Recording

if6was9

Ireland
Jun 13, 2007
lreland
About to buy a fairly busted guitar cab- an Gt75 loaded Marshall. Gonna build a new cab and use some of the parts in it. Going to use 2 of the GT75's in an X pattern and sell/trade the other 2 from the cab. I'll probably throw a V30 in one of the other slots and don't want a greenback as I've already got a 4x12 loaded with them already. I'll be building an OS style cab.

I'd like some suggestions for some other good sounding speakers as there seems to be loads around but you never really hear anyone talking about ones other than these 3. I've got 1 free slot and would like something with a bit of a different flavour as I've already got a Greenback loaded Marshall 4X12, a GT 75 loaded Laney 4X12, a Gt 75 loaded Marshall 2X12 and a V30 loaded Harley Benton 2X12.

This cab will mainly be used for recording but if it sounds really good I'll probably end up using it live the odd time too.

my honest tip would be to sell your cabs and get a better cab instead.
the laney cabs are shit, the HB aren't great, the marshalls 4x12 are alright (only the old ones though).

the cab has a WAY bigger influence on the sound than you think.
instead of getting new speakers just get a great sounding cab and you'll be much happier

my honest tip would be to sell your cabs and get a better cab instead.
the laney cabs are shit, the HB aren't great, the marshalls 4x12 are alright (only the old ones though).

the cab has a WAY bigger influence on the sound than you think.
instead of getting new speakers just get a great sounding cab and you'll be much happier

Well the plan here is to build a new cab, one that should be pretty nice, not just buy new speakers for an existing one.
Also I wouldn't say the laneys shit- sounds better than most marshalls I've recorded loaded with the same speakers. Had a Mesa roadking here for a few months and wasn't sold on it either.