1960 gt75 mods

Tachy

Senior Fuckers
Dec 9, 2005
In Italy
I have a 1960 cab loaded with gt75, they are all at 16ohm impedance.
I have 2 extra celestion here, one v30 and one gt75 but not at 16ohm, they are 8ohms.
I really like to put the v30 in the cab for recording pourposes, but it's an 8ohm version.....what can I do ?
It's possible to pull out two gt75 from the cab ( 16 ohm ), and put the v30 and the other gt75 at 8ohm and connect them in series to get 16 ohm?
Hope you could unserstand.........

id have thought what you're suggesting could be possible! ive actually given up using all 4 speakers in my cab, the difference between all 4 running at 16 ohms, and just two running at 8 doesn't make a difference at all, so it also saves on the extra levels the cab is putting out (less annoying to neighbours)

id have thought what you're suggesting could be possible! ive actually given up using all 4 speakers in my cab, the difference between all 4 running at 16 ohms, and just two running at 8 doesn't make a difference at all, so it also saves on the extra levels the cab is putting out (less annoying to neighbours)

The fact I would running all my 4 speakers......

what impedance do you want from the cab overall?

16 ohms, if I put in the cab 2 speakers at 8 ohms the impedence will be dropped down , in stereo mode the impedance will be 5.33ohms per channel and not 8ohms ( but I never go to use it in stereo ), and in mono mode, it's 12 ohms, if I'm right.....this is the problem....

Nope I had the same issue with my 71 Marshall cab.

I decided to jut put 2 jacks in it and set the cab up that way.

2 x 8 ohm v30s in the Top hooked to jack 1 in series 16ohms

1 16ohm GT65 and 1 16ohm G1230 in the bottom hooked to a separate jack.

3 tonal options in 1 cab. I am planning on getting an 8ohm 75 for the other v30 eventually for 4 options :)

Pointless ... just find someone with 2 8ohm or 16 ohm version of the speakers you got and see if they will trade up. Or sell them on Ebay and get ones that match.

Pointless, why? Sorry, not taking a piss or anything, just genuinely curious!

EDIT: I thought he had two V30 for whatever reason. I was actually trying to calculate if he could run them in a series-parallel configuration but I gave up after I realized that my brain is getting tired, hehe.

Oh, and about the "pointless" thing, I read up a bit on it now and I understand what you mean.