Help with Female Vocals and Mix

ScottCash

Huge Member
Aug 29, 2006
Hey guys. Could use some pointers on this. Let me know your thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the instruments mix sounds killer but the voice is too buried and "processed". Maybe you can try a more simple/up front approach, that is just eq -> compression -> delay. OH seems a bit to present too :p

or something like it.

Cheers.

Agree with Damphire,

Why not try a mix with vox up so you can hear what she's saying...get her to be the focal not the guitars and the rest of the music.
Then maybe try one where her vocal is sitting how"you" imagine the mix to be represented.

I'm not going to suggest eq-comp chain seeting etc but i will say automation is your friend.

Good work till now.

Thanks guys. Good to get some different perspective. I applied the suggestions and came up with this mix. Any better?

I like what you have done .....BUT i feel that im still struggling in some parts, to make out her lyrical content.

Think about how you can showcase what the artist is saying....bring out the deeper meaning and allowe the listener to be able to make an emotional connection to the track.

I'm listening on cans (not cheapies) but that really shouldn't make any difference.