Help with Logic Pro 8 - Multi Out's in Ezdrummer / Superior Drummer

mick thompson

AKA: Ross Canpolat! SM!
Nov 3, 2005
Dublin, Ireland
hey sneapians

looking for some help in logic pro 8 and multi out's

i was looking at the ezdrummer flash quick tutorial and it showed that you can send each track in ezdrummer to a different channel on your mixer (aux's)

so i loaded up logic and before that i just had a quick look at my superior drummer (in my plugins list) and i seen it has an option to load the plugin with multi out's - i didn't try because i dont know what to do.

when i look at ezdrummer's plugin in the list there is no option to select the plugin with multi outs (instead the only way i can pick it is within the plugin under each channel)

see the 2 screenshots at the end of this post :)

anyway i want to 1st learn how to do it in ezdrummer because i still haven't gotten to grips with superior yet.

so can someone explain what i am to do to get multi outs? when i tried it i seem to only hear the kick drum in my 1st track (the one with ezdrummer loaded as the I/O) after that i made aux channels but it doesn't route to them properly and thus i can't hear the snare, toms, room mic's etc

i was looking on youtube and someone made a tutorial on how to do it but when i clicked it it said the video was taken down.

and when i learn to do it i'll apply that to superior after i finish getting the best that i can out of ezdrummer

apologies if its a n00bish question. im just trying to expand my abilities and take my sound out of ezdrummer and process each channel individually to attempt to better my drum tone

thanks lads / ladettes :headbang:

Ezdrummer Screen shot of plugin:
ezdrum1.jpg

Superior Drummer Screen shot of plugin:
supdrum.jpg

I'm unsure of the settings needed within EZ drummer to do this, but with Superior...

When you load it as a software instrument, notice the little "+" sign at the bottom of the window. With Superior, as you click this, it will make the aux tracks for you. Maybe it works the same way with EZ drummer. Worth a shot.

-Joe

well i just haven't tried superior's yet. when i got it a few months back i was kinda overwhelmed with the amount of settings and stuff in it so i never bothered to play around in it. i just kept messing around in ezdrummer (which im finding now is at its limits on what it can do for me)

and yes i can use DFH and the rock kit in superior - it loads up fine for me

i was looking at my logic pro 8 manual and it was explaining multi outs and that there should be a small + at the bottom of the channel but i couldn't see one, the only + was in the virtual mixing console on the very left before the 1st slider for channel 1. when i clicked this it created aux tracks but they didn't generate any sound. either they muted and had no input showing on there VU's or else they had input (kick input only and not the rest of the kit)

i'll try looking for an update like sweet nothing suggested but i suppose i should move on from ezdrummer and get cracking on learning superior. after all it cost me enough money - i may as well not let it go to waste.

i'll post back if the ezdrummer update works and if i can get multi-outs to work in superior

thanks for the replies back lads

lol i forgot to post back - ezdrummer and multiouts no success - i got it to work in superior now though so fuck ezdrummer - thanks for the help guys