Help with mixing/mastering. Opinions needed!

bognibbly

New Metal Member
Oct 9, 2012
Tasmania, Australia
I have been a long time lurker, first time poster.

I love this forum and I hope to get some opinions/help.

I am currently mixing down my bands EP and I am kind of stuck with getting the songs to sound how I want them to. I just cannot get them to sound clear and to a point where everything has a place.

If you could give me some pointers I would be grateful :D

If you need any details just ask :)

Last edited by a moderator:
what program are you using? .. how about you send me the file with no mastering and ill master it for you and tell you what i did.. Cool?

Sorry @xtitusmaximusx I haven't been on here for the past few days.

I use Reaper for everything. I would love if you could do that though. :) I just want to try and better myself in whichever way I can. and some of the guys on this forum are absolutely phenomenal.

this song is awesome! would you consider putting up the multi track DIs and the drum MIDI for it? id love to have a go at mixing it.

as for your mix, it is well balanced but the low end seems lacking. what amp sim are you running the bass through?

this song is awesome! would you consider putting up the multi track DIs and the drum MIDI for it? id love to have a go at mixing it.

as for your mix, it is well balanced but the low end seems lacking. what amp sim are you running the bass through?

Thanks CalumJC

Unfortunately I do not have DI's for this. My Guitarist Ran all the tracks through his Pod but I do have those if you want a go at editing those and having a go at it. :) I would love to hear someone elses take on the mix/mastering side.

Both Guitarist now have Axe FX II's so I am going to make them to record DI as well from now on so we have that option of Re-amping everything.

But what I will do is try and get the Raw tracks and midi uploaded tonight so I can upload them on here for people to have a play with. Otherwise I won't be able to until next week because I have a mini tour this weekend with my other band. :)

Thanks CalumJC

Unfortunately I do not have DI's for this. My Guitarist Ran all the tracks through his Pod but I do have those if you want a go at editing those and having a go at it. :) I would love to hear someone elses take on the mix/mastering side.

Both Guitarist now have Axe FX II's so I am going to make them to record DI as well from now on so we have that option of Re-amping everything.

But what I will do is try and get the Raw tracks and midi uploaded tonight so I can upload them on here for people to have a play with. Otherwise I won't be able to until next week because I have a mini tour this weekend with my other band. :)

ahh sweet, thatd be awesome. ill give it my best shot. One thing that you should do when you're tracking if you're not doing it already: when theres a lead, track it separately and have the rhythm that goes with the lead double tracked left and right. its more preference than anything but it does help keep things consistent rather than completely different things going on in different ears.
have fun on your mini tour this weekend too :)