Help with the lyrics of "Harvest"

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
Hello,

I was just browsing the Turkish Opeth forum and came across a post about the lyrics on "Harvest". Apparently the poster couldn't understand what's being sung during the part after 5:04 - if anyone could post them, it would be great help. Thanks!

NP: Ayreon - The Dream Sequencer

Mezarkabul said:
Hello,

I was just browsing the Turkish Opeth forum and came across a post about the lyrics on "Harvest". Apparently the poster couldn't understand what's being sung during the part after 5:04 - if anyone could post them, it would be great help. Thanks!

Here you go... :)

===================

Stay with me a while
Rise above the vile
Name my final rest
Poured into my chest

Pledge yourself to me
Never leave me be
Sweat breaks on my brow
Given time ends now

Spirit painted sin
Embers neath my skin
Veiled in pale embrace
Reached and touched my face

Into the orchard I walk peering way past the gate
Wilted scenes for us who couldn't wait
Drained by the coldest caress, stalking shadows ahead
Halo of death, all I see is departure
Mourner's lament but it's me who's the martyr

I dont think he ment that. But Mike is singing "relief your", just before "Halo of death, all I see is departure
Mourner's lament but it's me who's the martyr". In the end. Well..I think he is singing relief your...But dont know.

Yeah I was referring to the muffled vocals that seem to be coming through some kind of mic or something. I do think it sounds a tad like "relieve your" or "relief your" as Detric put it. Though "relief your" makes no sense... am I off here?

The line sung by Mikael in the background not mentioned in the lyrics is: "Release your grip, let it go, into this night"

I saw it here on the forum, the same question was asked and some guy said that Mikael had said so.

All I did was plug the Cinch-Cable from my Stereo only half-way in, which made the lead-vocals and the lead-guitar almost silent, the rest of the recording pretty low, but had a focus on all the backround-stuff.
It was quite easy to understand him sing these lines then.
Believe me, it really is correct.