Need help: "I'm The Man" lyrics

Grateful

New Metal Member
Apr 9, 2002
Visit site
OK, throughout this song there are questionable lyrics... I'm documenting everything and some things I can't make out. Here are the complete lyrics, with questionable words in lowercase and BOLD Can anyone help me fix them? Thanks!

I’M THE MAN

(AH AH)
(NOT) (NOT)
(YEAH) (YEAH)
(NOT)

NOW WE'RE ANTHRAX AND WE TAKE NO S###
AND WE DON'T CARE FOR WRITING (HITS) HITS 'CAUSE THE SOUND YOU HEAR IS WHAT WE LIKE AND I'LL STEAL YOUR POP TARTS LIKE I STOLE YOUR (SOCKS)
YO MAN WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH YOU (NOT) (AW I’LL GET IT THE NEXT TIME, I MEAN IT)

CHARLIE BEATS THE BEATS THE BEATS YOU BEAT
THE ONLY THING HARDER'S THE SMELL OF MY (PEW) FEET SO LISTEN UP 'CAUSE YOU MIGHT GET DISSED, GO DRAIN THE LIZARD OR TAKE A (CHAIR)
(DAMN) (COME ON MAN y’all get it straight?) :confused:
WATCH THE BEAT

I'M ON YOUR CASE, I'M IN YOUR FACE, PUT YOU AND YOUR FATHER BACK IN PLACE
STEP UP SUCKER UNDERSTAND
DON'T YOU KNOW THAT I'M THE MAN
I'M THE MAN
I'M SO BAD I SHOULD BE IN DETENTION
I'M THE MAN (SHUT) (SHUT) (SHUT) (SHUT) (SHUT UP)

WE GOT REAL DEF RHYTHMS AND FRESH NEW JAMS, IF YOU THINK WE GOT EGOS, WELL WE'RE JUST HAMS, SCOTT PLAYS STICKBALL AND LIKES TO SKATE, FRANKIE'S NEVER ON TIME HE'S ALWAYS (S- S-) (S-SLEEPING)
LATE (AW) (UH HUH UH HUH UH HUH UH HUH UH HUH UH HUH UH HUH)

THEY DRINK THE DRINKS THE DRINKS THEY DRANK, I PUT MY MONEY IN THE BANK, THEY CUT THEIR CRACK, THEY OFFER JOINTS
WE DON'T DO DRUGS TO GET OUR (MEANING)
POINT (NOT) (HA HA HA HA HA HA)
POINT (NOT) WATCH THE BEAT

I'M THE MAN
I’M BAD
I'M THE MAN (SHUT) (SHUT UP)

FOR A HEAVY METAL BAND RAPS A DIFFERENT WAY, WELL WE LIKE TO BE DIFFERENT AND NOT CLICHÉ, WELL THEY SAY RAP AND METAL CAN NEVER MIX
WELL OF THEY CAN SUCK OUR
(SEXUAL ORGAN LOCATED IN THE LOWER ABDOMINAL AREA)
NO MAN IT'S D### (AH AH) (MASTER)

DANNY FARTED THE FARTS THE FARTS HE FARTED, I PICK MY NOSE BUT I'M NOT RETARDED, SO LIKE EL DUCE SAYS SMELL MY ANAL VAPOR AND WIPE MY BUTT WITH YOUR (FACE)
(TOILET PAPER)
YO WATCH THE BEAT (YEAH)

I'M THE MAN
I’M BAD
I'M THE MAN (SHUT) (SHUT) (SHUT UP)

SO AS THIS RAP IS WINDING DOWN CAN'T YOU SEE WE WEAR THE CROWN
YOU KNOW ANTHRAX IS NUMBER ONE BUT WE REALLY DON'T CARE WE JUST WANNA HAVE (A FESTIVAL)
FUN YOU STUPID (NOT) IDIOT (I NEED MORE TIME)

JOEY MAILED THE MAIL THE MAIL HE MAILED, WE ARE THE KINGS AND ALL SHALL HAIL
WE'RE LIKE A DIAMOND THAT IS FOREVER AND WE'LL REMAIN THE HARDEST EVER (SHUT UP)

you know :confused:
I'M SO BAD (too f##### bad?) :confused:
IT'S A CRIME (head kick) :confused:
(AH AH) (we’re gonna play it again) :confused:
(NOT) (NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT)

Can anyone help me fix these words? Thanks.

I thought I was fucking crazy for the longest time cuz I could hear "MASTER!" and everyone else was "I don't hear nuthin'."
I still like I'M THE MAN '91 better though...don't know why.

I still think they should do an updated "I'm the Man" for the new millenium and get John in there somewhere...

Who knows...with all these people that think rap-metal is so original, maybe they'll give Anthrax some deserved respect for once...

OK, I fixed some of the "known" errors in above. Thanks for everyone's input so far! I'm still have a few problems... (the ones with the confused faces).

I'm also questioning this line. "I'M ON YOUR CASE, I'M IN YOUR FACE, put :confused: YOU AND YOUR FATHER BACK IN PLACE"

That's what it says as the official lyrics, but it sounds more like (and I've seen this interpretation too) "I'M ON YOUR CASE, I'M IN YOUR FACE, I'LL KICK YOU AND YOUR FATHER BACK IN PLACE"

Anyone know which one is correct? I think it's supposed to be I'll Kick.

The reason why I'm analyzing all this is because I'm helping a karaoke company produce this song, and they need to recreate the entire thing from scratch. The lead lyrics will be displayed on-screen for the singers. And, there will be backup singers on parts where needed (such as joining in with the lead where applicable, and singing anything in parenthesis).

Thanks!

I can't help with your question, sorry, but I have to say I appreciate your efforts.

If I knew there was an Anthrax song to karaoke to, I might actually be inclined to go to a karaoke bar and attempt to sing it.

With large quantities of alcohol, of course. :lol:

hehe I saw an interview with Korn on some TV show a couple years ago where they stated that this "NEW genre they've crated... rap-metal"

'scuse me?

new?

Let's turn back the clock...

RUN DMC / Aerosmith

Anthrax

Anthrax / Public Enemy

the Hardcorps (1st all rock rap group from the ground up I believe... produced by Jam Master Jay, opened for Ice-T's Body Count some years back... great CD)

Stuck Mojo

Biohazard (more hardcore / rap but still way more than Korn)

Those are the one's that matter. I've heard all of Korn's albums. I dind't hear any rap-metal until Follow the Leader (their 3rd record). Color my nutty but I don't hear any rap metal on their debut CD or on whatever that 2nd one was called. That statement just slapped everyone in the face that I mentioned in the list above. If they wanna take credit for something.. then take credit for helping build that nu-metal bandwagon, don't disrespect the masters and feed lies to the public.. sheesh

I think you're right "I'll Kick you and your father back in place!"

That's cool that you're putting Anthrax in the karaoke.