Help with this mix!

yo Gujukal, not to be a leech, but could i have that kick too? its husky as hell.

Haha, i know that its hard to get away from a DAW that you are used to, but switching from FL to Cubase, Studio One, Reaper, or Pro Tools is so worth it. Fl is great for electronic stuff but you need a more audio based DAW for this kind of stuff. Routing is so much easier, recording is easier, the workflow is so much better. :D

Haha, i know that its hard to get away from a DAW that you are used to, but switching from FL to Cubase, Studio One, Reaper, or Pro Tools is so worth it. Fl is great for electronic stuff but you need a more audio based DAW for this kind of stuff. Routing is so much easier, recording is easier, the workflow is so much better. :D

+1, FL is not gonna cut it for this kind of stuff IMO.

yo Gujukal, not to be a leech, but could i have that kick too? its husky as hell.

No problems, i don't mind leechers when they seed afterwards ;) I've send you a pm with the link to the kick and some other stuff.

tripkagg:
Do you know what samples your friends in Nova Prospekt used when they recorded their songs?

I'm pretty sure it's Steven slate, with Kick 10 and Snare 12a. But would be nice if you knew or asked them exactly what samples. Im really diggin the snare hit at 0:58 in this song: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj9xUD_6vzs&feature=relmfu[/ame]

Could it be Snare 12A blended with a room mic samples, perhaps Z4 and some reverb?

No problems, i don't mind leechers when they seed afterwards ;) I've send you a pm with the link to the kick and some other stuff.

tripkagg:
Do you know what samples your friends in Nova Prospekt used when they recorded their songs?

I'm pretty sure it's Steven slate, with Kick 10 and Snare 12a. But would be nice if you knew or asked them exactly what samples. Im really diggin the snare hit at 0:58 in this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj9xUD_6vzs&feature=relmfu

Could it be Snare 12A blended with a room mic samples, perhaps Z4 and some reverb?

Sounds almost exactly like snare 12's room with some extra reverb to me...

FL Studio is completely fine apart from its stock plug-ins. I use FL Studio 10 producer edition for almost everything. I don't use the stock plug-ins though unless it's for electronic stuff. I use my izotope ozone 5. As long as you're comfortable with your DAW, stick with it.

Btw if you could provide the raw files for your song, I'd love to do some practice mixing with it

tripkagg:

I'm pretty sure it's Steven slate, with Kick 10 and Snare 12a. But would be nice if you knew or asked them exactly what samples. Im really diggin the snare hit at 0:58 in this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj9xUD_6vzs&feature=relmfu

last time i talked with them, the basist said that he bought most of the samples are from Joey Sturgis website. i also bought them and uses the toms and snare, the first mix i sended on this thread was with whole of joeys samples. but i dont think the kick they are using is joeys sample because it doesnt sound nothing like it but the snare can be, with alot of room and reverb just on that hit :) the bands never wanna tell exactly what they are using for some reason.. :D

FL Studio is completely fine apart from its stock plug-ins. I use FL Studio 10 producer edition for almost everything. I don't use the stock plug-ins though unless it's for electronic stuff. I use my izotope ozone 5. As long as you're comfortable with your DAW, stick with it.

Btw if you could provide the raw files for your song, I'd love to do some practice mixing with it

I found alot easier to add some plugins such as a filter which is going to apply and ONLY some places, it seem so easy to just add a automation filter, never really understood how to do it in Cubase and such. I have Cubase 5 on my computer ready but never have the guts to start a project in it - haha :D

Hm, im abit new so "how" can i save the RAW files of the song and give it to you? don't understand how i can send a project to another person so they can mix because what happends if they dont have some plugins that i have on the different channels and stuff? :)

haha maybe you're right but i dont have the "courage" really.. :D

The kick sounds a lot better, could need better EQing though. The snare has way too much reverb imo, it could work in some part of the song maybe in a breakdown but not the whole song.

The main problem with this song in my opinion is the synth part in the beginning with the guitar. That guitar riff sounds sweet but the synth thing doesn't fit imo. So i would try to come up with some synth part sounded more in the right key of the guitar so they fit more together.

this is the latest version of the mix i have right now, im having a hard time on the cymbals. do you have any better cymbals samples?
what do you think of the mix now? :)
http://dl.dropbox.com/s/gr8qk8j9tbdnm0p/MIXXX4.mp3

last time i talked with them, the basist said that he bought most of the samples are from Joey Sturgis website. i also bought them and uses the toms and snare, the first mix i sended on this thread was with whole of joeys samples. but i dont think the kick they are using is joeys sample because it doesnt sound nothing like it but the snare can be, with alot of room and reverb just on that hit :) the bands never wanna tell exactly what they are using for some reason.. :D

I'm almost 100% that it is a SSD snare 12A and kick 10, it's like the A1 samples for this type of music. The toms sounds a bit like they could be Joey Sturgis detuned however, or maybe shoulder city.

Has Karl produced all their songs on his own? It's pretty impressive for i assume his low age :p

I'm almost 100% that it is a SSD snare 12A and kick 10, it's like the A1 samples for this type of music. The toms sounds a bit like they could be Joey Sturgis detuned however, or maybe shoulder city.

Has Karl produced all their songs on his own? It's pretty impressive for i assume his low age :p

Ye that can be true, i dont really know but it sounds fucking awesome :D
Karl isn't the producer or their band, he just plays bass and do clean vocals. Tintin (The screamer) is the man behind it all, he does all production :)