HELP!!!

Studdy

Jan 24, 2012
I 'm sorry if this thread isn't exactly a "production" based question but I have tried everything and looked everywhere. You guys are my last hope. I just bought a brand new recording rig. And I ALWAYS get this Protools Error (-6101) it says to try removing some plugins. This happens sometimes with 50 plugins on and sometimes with 1. No rhyme or reason. I have searched every forum and spoke with avid multiple times. I have done everything suggested (switch number of processors yada yada) Please Help! Is it a certain plugin? Today it did it as soon as I open Massey 2007 on the master bus. It was the only plugin running.

Specs.

NEW MAC MINI SERVER 8gigs Ram 2 x 7200 hd.
RME FIREFACE 800
PRO TOOLS 10

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

don't use the pro tools aggregate i/o.

use the fireface i/o device in your audio/midi setup.

while in pt9, go to: setup - playback engine - "current engine" ...select your rme fireface i/o instead of pro tools aggregated device.

hope this helps.

Im a little new to Mac. Always had PC before. In the audio midi setup I see rme fireface and protools aggregate. The pro tools aggregate has a large + sign beside it. When I click on pro tools aggregate a see 3 check boxes. I only have fireface 800 checked. In protools I do have the fireface selected. Thank you TIMISLEGEND for your suggestion is this how Im supposed to be setup? Thanks again.