Plugins Live

Studdy

Jan 24, 2012
I run protools with an Rme fireface 800. What is the best way to try using plugins live, without buying anything extra. It's mostly for just jamming/practice. I don't want to buy a bunch of outboard gear for the jam room . Thought maybe I'd try my rig. Would just monitoring with low latency right in protools be the best way? Or is there a free program I'm over looking. I'm on a Mac. I mostly want it for compression, if it was for delay or reverb some latency wouldn't bother me. Thanks.

Why not the Line outs? Am I missing something here? They would be the obvious choice while the headphone out isn't really the right choice imo.

Not having trouble with routing guys, of course I'd use line outs. I was looking for a free or close to plugin loader or something as opposed to using protools and monitor a track with plugins on it. I wish my version of rme total mix had a built in compressor plug. When I use total mix with low latency monitoring on in protools it disables plugins. So I was looking for a different solution.

Not having trouble with routing guys, of course I'd use line outs. I was looking for a free or close to plugin loader or something as opposed to using protools and monitor a track with plugins on it. I wish my version of rme total mix had a built in compressor plug. When I use total mix with low latency monitoring on in protools it disables plugins. So I was looking for a different solution.

buy reaper? its really cheap

Why not the Line outs? Am I missing something here? They would be the obvious choice while the headphone out isn't really the right choice imo.

Was just thinking, if he's going straight to a PA....why not run Headphone Out instead of sending 2 separate line out's that will potentially be doing the same thing? Unless I'm missing something here.