Waves Plugin help?

samuelboo

New Metal Member
Jan 12, 2014
I Installed Waves full bundle plugins Diamond, Mercury etc etc..
My DAW is Studio One 2.5 ..
But not even a single plugin gets loaded in My DAW, I have Windows 7 32bit and i made sure the plugins were 32bit too.. :( i have installed many other plugins like Fab-filter T-Racks and other shits :mad: but i can't Understand Why it happens with waves plugin.. Please help.. :Smug:

I Installed Waves full bundle plugins Diamond, Mercury etc etc..
My DAW is Studio One 2.5 ..
But not even a single plugin gets loaded in My DAW, I have Windows 7 32bit and i made sure the plugins were 32bit too.. :( i have installed many other plugins like Fab-filter T-Racks and other shits :mad: but i can't Understand Why it happens with waves plugin.. Please help.. :Smug:

Hi Samuel,

If you have supported us by purchasing your licenses, we will absolutely support you. Feel free to call Waves Tech Support at 865-909-9200 extension 1. They are available almost around the clock to assist. If you still need to purchase an official license, call Customer Sales/Support at extension 2 and we can assist with finding the Waves products that best serve your needs and budget.

If you are trying to use our intellectual property without buying, please contact www.banpiracy.com and they will give you the support you need as well.

I will be putting that to test now actually, Tim. I upgraded my CPU and my licence deactivated one of the plugins I bought. I got it reactivated but was then told by your licence panel that my final activation for the year was now used. I hope, in all seriousness, this is not actually going to be a problem as it has put me off future purchases and i find it highly inconvenient that a simple upgrade would cause a plugin deactivation. In this case I find iLok a much better option, despite what people say about it, at least I can always use my software regardless of where it is installed.

Moving away from iLok gave us the opportunity to internalize support, rather than being forced to send customers with licensing issues to a third party company that only offers email support. There are definite pros and cons to both systems, but we like the option to interface and help our customers directly.

When you authorize a V9 and above license through the Waves License Center, you have the option to authorize direct to your computer or to a USB Flash Drive. If you chose the option to authorize to the computer, make sure to send the license back to the Waves License Cloud before changing any hardware (CPU, Motherboard, Hard Drive, etc). Otherwise you get in a situation were the system doesn't see the computer as the same machine and the authorization is no longer valid for that device. Luckily we did build a "Recover License" option for these whoops or emergency/failure situations, but to avoid abuse of the system we did put a one year cool down on it.

You can find complete details on this at http://www.waves.com/support/reactivate-recover-licenses

If there is a chance you will be changing hardware frequently on your computer, the better option might be to authorize to an external USB Flash Drive. That way computer changes will not effect the license, and will not require you to remember to send the license back to the cloud before hardware changes/updates.

If you would like to discuss this further, feel free to give us a call at the contact details above. You can also shoot me an email at Tim @ Waves . Com

All the best and we appreciate your support.

Best regards,

Tim at Waves

Thanks for the info, Tim.

For anyone else interested I received not one but two emails from Waves support within a few minutes. There is a slight contradiction in the mail though. I was told that the MAC address of the network card on the motherboard is how the computer is identified so licences would be retained unless I switched out the board OR the CPU.

" Even if you reformat your computer, or delete the whole HD, your licences will still be recognized on that computer (as long as you did not replace the motherboard or the CPU)."

What the CPU has to do with the mac address I don't know but I did experience that upgrading the CPU decactivated my licence.

I can't fault the support repsonse time though which is extremely fast.

That's weird that you would buy Diamond AND Mercury.
I'm pretty sure all the plugins that come in Diamond are already in Mercury.
That's like a waste of $2500...
"Diamond, Mercury etc etc.."
etc etc? meaning you bought more than Diamond and Mercury?
Inb4 thread deleted

Thanks for the info, Tim.

For anyone else interested I received not one but two emails from Waves support within a few minutes. There is a slight contradiction in the mail though. I was told that the MAC address of the network card on the motherboard is how the computer is identified so licences would be retained unless I switched out the board OR the CPU.

" Even if you reformat your computer, or delete the whole HD, your licences will still be recognized on that computer (as long as you did not replace the motherboard or the CPU)."

What the CPU has to do with the mac address I don't know but I did experience that upgrading the CPU decactivated my licence.

I can't fault the support repsonse time though which is extremely fast.

I would play it safe and move the license back to the Waves License Cloud before any hardware changes. Great to hear Tech Support got back to you quickly. Let us know if you have any additional questions or problems.

To the OP, if you purchased a legit license we appreciate the support. As I mentioned before, call or email us and we will assist.

All the best,

Tim at Waves

That's weird that you would buy Diamond AND Mercury.
I'm pretty sure all the plugins that come in Diamond are already in Mercury.
That's like a waste of $2500...
"Diamond, Mercury etc etc.."
etc etc? meaning you bought more than Diamond and Mercury?
Inb4 thread deleted

i just wrote diamond and mercury for example ...