I offically hate waces plugins now!!!! HELP!

hkollner

Oct 5, 2008
I've been using waves plugins (mercury bundle) for almost a year on my pc now through cubase sx3, and suddenly yesterday when i opened one of my projects and it didn't load! everytime it loads it freezes when it loads the waves Vcomp plugin (but only when it loads the project files and settings). and it does the same to all of my projects with the Vcomp in them! I then Uninstalled waves mercury bundle and reinstalled it, now i cant even open my cubase! it freezez on the startup screen when it loads the waves plugins such as SSL, API, DeBreath! and it has worked for a full year, and now it doesn't!

I tried unistalling waves
I tried unistalling cubase sx3
I tried reinstalling both

The funny thing is that waves diamond works fine, but all the plugins i need like SSL and API collection is on the mercury bundle!

I'm busy mixing and this is not good! im on a limited schedule! this is a DISASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anybody had this problem before? and i need help fast!:worship:

Cubase can be totally fucktarded at times. Remove the plugins from there root folders (and I have no idea how to do this in windowz) and then put them back one at a time until you find your culprit (launch cubase each time).

This is what I do when I get a fucked up plug in giving me shit.

Dont mean to be a dick but SSl plugs are NOT included in the Mercury bundle, it is however included in a much pirated version of Mercury. Soooo it leads me to conclude you are using a fruity copy.

BUY your software and suport your trade!!! If you have bought Mercury then email support or call them. They will be able to help.

Dont mean to be a dick but SSl plugs are NOT included in the Mercury bundle, it is however included in a much pirated version of Mercury. Soooo it leads me to conclude you are using a fruity copy.

BUY your software and suport your trade!!! If you have bought Mercury then email support or call them. They will be able to help.

hahaha I'm caught red handed:heh:

anyways i'm tired of trying! i tried everything!!!! and failed :puke:

does anyone of you recommend a drum plugin that is just as good as the SSL plugins? or give the same effect?

Hahahaha thought so!

Just save your credits and buy your gear! Waves are lots of money but in my opinion they are worth every penny.

Not all plugs are expensive. If on Mac try Massey plugins (all are worth the money) and for a channel strip check out Metric Halo Channel Strip, worth the money aswell, great SSL type all rounder.

Shop around ebay aswell, you can get some good prices.

Golden rule - dont discuss illegal plugins as its always bad news. Pay and play, you wont look back :kickass:

Sorry, just been checking out I think Metric halo channel strip is only mac. Sorry

Also, never own up on owning cracked versions of Waves plug-ins. Those guys are on a fuckin' crusade to prosecute every professional user they can. Many of their plug-ins are ace, but their reputation as a company has me at a distance.

I have such problems with samplitude and waves. I solve it in this way
repair system to the date when all was working fine
uninstall waves
clear the regestry (run regedit) about the waves
reload computer
install waves
for me it's helps.

Also, never own up on owning cracked versions of Waves plug-ins. Those guys are on a fuckin' crusade to prosecute every professional user they can. Many of their plug-ins are ace, but their reputation as a company has me at a distance.

Reputation!!!!!!!!!!! I know all about it man! hahahaha, I was on every single waves forum...official and unofficial forums...........and you know what.......BAD NEWS! every single post is a negative post! go check it out man! everybody is complaining about waves "Authorization" or "iLok" or "system crashes" ect WTF????????? there's not one single positive thread on their forums!

that brings me to recommendations for good drum plugins! anyone?:worship:

Hahahaha thought so!

Just save your credits and buy your gear! Waves are lots of money but in my opinion they are worth every penny.

Not all plugs are expensive. If on Mac try Massey plugins (all are worth the money) and for a channel strip check out Metric Halo Channel Strip, worth the money as well, great SSL type all rounder.

Shop around ebay as well, you can get some good prices.

Golden rule - don't discuss illegal plugins as its always bad news. Pay and play, you wont look back :kickass:

Sorry, just been checking out I think Metric halo channel strip is only mac. Sorry

dude i wont waste my money like that! after I've read all the waves forums.................Complaints, Complaints, Complaints......yup you know it! hhaha

I absolutely love ebay! I buy all my studio gear there for 2 times cheaper than what it actually retails for in south africa!

thanx for the advice man! and sorry for the illegal discussions! :rolleyes:

Reputation!!!!!!!!!!! I know all about it man! hahahaha, I was on every single waves forum...official and unofficial forums...........and you know what.......BAD NEWS! every single post is a negative post! go check it out man! everybody is complaining about waves "Authorization" or "iLok" or "system crashes" ect WTF????????? there's not one single positive thread on their forums!

that brings me to recommendations for good drum plugins! anyone?:worship:

dude i wont waste my money like that! after I've read all the waves forums.................Complaints, Complaints, Complaints......yup you know it! hhaha

I absolutely love ebay! I buy all my studio gear there for 2 times cheaper than what it actually retails for in south africa!

thanx for the advice man! and sorry for the illegal discussions! :rolleyes:

You obviously like and use the plugins so how would buying them be wasting money? It seems like your justifying using illegitimate software to yourself.

It's like saying "The way the seat tilts on this car isn't the greatest so I will just steal the car because I don't want to waste my money."

Anyway, that's not how we roll around here. Please don't roll your eyes about it.

I'm pretty stiff armed about waves (as far as owning them). But it seems to be this stupid industry won't let them go, so not owning them seems to be more anti norm.

I love the wavarts plugs though. I think you can check out a demo before buying AND it doesn't use the ilok!

Oh and heads up, NOBODY takes to pirating software around here very kindly. The wavarts plugs are very good all around and are only going to run you $500. You get a 10 band parametric, 2 compressors, a gate (those 3 are in a channel strip), reverb, a multiband compressor, a limiter/dither plug, and a stereo image plug (that one I think sucks).

Massey plugs are also boner tastic and cheap.

If your a student then URS plugs are 50% off what they cost (not list), I grabbed all the eqs and compressors for a little over $500 including the ilok.

There's an old mantra out there that the people who steal softwares wouldn't buy them in the first place, so it's not really stealing.

Our friend here isn't going to be buying these plugins, and cannot be convinced.

There's an old mantra out there that the people who steal softwares wouldn't buy them in the first place, so it's not really stealing.

Our friend here isn't going to be buying these plugins, and cannot be convinced.

Ok, lets see if I understand.

Your saying that if you never intend on purchasing something and decide to steal it that it's ok because you were never a potential customer?

I think people lose sight that software code is the property of the developer. Yes, code/algorithms can even be patented!

It seems like people many people think because you don't have to sneaky and put it in your pocket when nobody is looking that it's alright to do.

Just because you can't physically touch it doesn't mean that it's ok to steal.

Ok, lets see if I understand.

Your saying that if you never intend on purchasing something and decide to steal it that it's ok because you were never a potential customer?

I think people lose sight that software code is the property of the developer. Yes, code/algorithms can even be patented!

It seems like people many people think because you don't have to sneaky and put it in your pocket when nobody is looking that it's alright to do.

Just because you can't physically touch it doesn't mean that it's ok to steal.

I'm saying that there is a group of people out there who try to justify their software theft with that sort of mindset. I'm not saying it's okay. You should probably read what I wrote again, homie.

My point (albeit a stereotype) was that the OP is probably in a state of mind where $50 is too much for a plugin, let alone $6,000 for the Mercury bundle or the $500 it will be for Cubase. He won't be buying any plugins any time soon.

I'm not going to give you any recommendations for plugins, because you'll just steal them too. www.dontcrack.com