ssl duende vs waves classic studio...

gabriel g.

Sep 7, 2006
Hamburg
www.myspace.com
Hi I wanna buy some new plugins and I need some help.

I´m very impressed of the waves studio classics bundle (especially the API and SSL bundle)
but I heard very good things about the duende SSL studio mini

so wat would you buy?

cheers

The Duende has a few newer plugs not available in the Waves bundle - and the fact that it's processing is done in the Duende and not on your PC is a huge plus.

Then again, I would probably go for the complete Studio Collection over Duende just to have some variety.

I just read a review on the duende mini. The nice thing about that unit is you can upgrade it's processing to the full blown Duende later on down the road if you need more power.

Haven't read to much on extra for sale plug ins though, but the reviewer said the built in plugs are ace.

I was asking myself the same question.
now that I'm on PT HD and TDM plugs are twice as much as the Duende (and I like the idea of not putting too much wait on the CPU, so I'd go with TDM) I'll probably buy the Duende next

Yeah, this is realy a ruff one:) I heard awsome things about the duende buscomp, but very bad things about bugs and so on...
And the variety is very good point!!! I found a waves premium seller : www.wavesuniverse.com where I can get the full studio classics collection for 1300€. the same price the duende studio mini costs.

Sometimes I´m a person of bad luck, like I bought a UAD 1 in first place and them this fucker didnt work because of my mainboard...thats why I´m a bit affraid of the duende