Herbert Reamp

Hey man, sounds pretty good, though I'm hearing a bit too much off-axis cloud for my tastes, so moving the 57 a bit closer to the center would help. Also, the guitars are bit quiet relative to the drums. I assume these were the EMG 85 DI's?

Hey man, sounds pretty good, though I'm hearing a bit too much off-axis cloud for my tastes, so moving the 57 a bit closer to the center would help. Also, the guitars are bit quiet relative to the drums. I assume these were the EMG 85 DI's?

It's a blend of both, that's probably what is causing the cloudiness sound you are hearing.

AH, that'd do it, cuz I definitely didn't track those with the intent of quad-tracking! :loco: Think you could re-do it with just one pair or the other? (it was for a shootout between the two pickups)

Haha, well naturally I'd imagine you'd think so, seeing as how you just got a guitar with one ;) Myself, I'm not so convinced, cuz I at first tended to side with the clarity of the 81 from my own tests - however, I've decided to stick with the 85 for awhile cuz while the 81 may be clearer, it's also definitely got a very sterile sound, and my clips were made with the same settings for both pickups (here's the thread with the clips), so I'm pretty sure with some amp tweaking I can compensate for the 85's (comparative) mud. Thanks for this dude, looking forward to hearing the next batch!