DI/Reamp Troubleshooting

iraobryan

Jul 7, 2009
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I need some help troubleshooting. There is a noise in my reamp tracks and I need to determine if it is from the reamp box, or if something happened during the initial DI recording (Converter clipping or bad connection...).

Is anyone willing to reamp this to see if the DI recording is ok? I know the playing isn't perfect, I'm just trying to get this issue figured out. Any help would be appreciated.

edit: track is 44.1 24 bit
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3413585/Burden Gtr DI.wav

Thank you for the help! I still hear a little something up towards the top end, like a little extra fizz/speaker breakup...but it doesn't sound like mine did.

You want his hardware info for reamping, or my signal chain info?

That makes sense, thank you. It sounds like I need to get another reamp box, or maybe try a noise gate first. I really don't know if a gate will get rid of it, and I don't like to use them.

That makes sense, thank you. It sounds like I need to get another reamp box, or maybe try a noise gate first. I really don't know if a gate will get rid of it, and I don't like to use them.

What are you reamping it through?
Some amps are notoriously noisy, IE the 5150...

This DI was going through my Tremoverb, another through a 5150. The noise was there with both. I will try to post my reamped tracks later this evening.

I'll try reamping again tomorrow and post a clip. I will definitely lower the gain. Thanks for lending your ears.