Reamp Contest?

jacobpo2

New Metal Member
Dec 25, 2011
Hey guys,

First post, please make me feel at home. I recently got hired as an engineer at UNT's music studio, but I am stuck at home for the holiday so I don't have anything to record other than DI guitar (my 5150 is still in my dorm). I recorded 3 DI tracks, and was wondering if anybody would like to reamp them for me? It would be a HUGE favor, so I am not expecting to get a ton of bites. I am a recording infant and I have just now gotten the gear and the space to start doing real recording, but I would like to know what a good raw guitar SHOULD sound like, so I can play with miking techniques, settings, etc... We can make a contest out of it, if that would maybe make it for fun? :)

These guitar tracks are from my old pop punk band, and if anyone reamps them I will remix the song and show yall what I came up with. I included an OLD version of the song done with impulses so you all can know how it should sound. My mixes sucked back then, and I'm hoping if i had some good guitar to work with I could make finally make a decent mix.

Please specify how you miked, I need the tips! I am very interested in the fredman style on a 5150...

http://soundcloud.com/jacobpo2/sets/di-guitar-tracks

24 bit 44.1

If I can give a little imput, put everything on RAR file and host it with dropbox/minus. Would be better for everyone. ;)