Heres a pic of my Caparison Horus Custom

How did you get a custom, i mean, are you in a band, or did you just ask Caparison. Which country do you live/ did you get it from, and was it alot more expensive than the normal Horus?
Sorry for all the Q's, just interested in a new Ax myself

Cheers

Daniel

Nebulous said:
How did you get a custom, i mean, are you in a band, or did you just ask Caparison. Which country do you live/ did you get it from, and was it alot more expensive than the normal Horus?
Sorry for all the Q's, just interested in a new Ax myself

Cheers

Daniel
I am in a band...The Absence, but I had just bought the guitar stock from Japan and had it customized when I got it here in the states. Its on ebey if anyone cares...not to start spammiing or anything.

so all you did was get a new pain job? I have a horus in blue and i dont really like the color all the much how much would a new paint job run me?
oh yeah and hook up the link to it, id like to see it on ebay

Nebulous, have you checked out http://www.bmusic.com.au/ ? They deal with Caparison and the prices aren't unreasonable. When spending that kind of money it isn't unusual for a retailer to knock 10% off the top without much prompting (because it doesn't hurt them). They did this for me and I also got free shipping (Snow Cloud Horus in case you're curious - pics here).

Here is their Caparison page;
http://www.bmusic.com.au/category1001_1.htm

Thanks for the links man.......but i think that if im gona spend that sorta money, i might as well just go with a USA Jackson SL2H for just a few hundred more, and get a neck thru like i want......tho if the Caparison was bout a grand cheaper, id definately be more inticed by it. They do look nice

No problem, mate. It's all down to taste vs funds. What I can say is that your standard Caparison competes with any guitar of the same price in any of your name brands.

The only thing I've found through experience and hearsay is that Caparison pickups seem to yield different results from one guitar to the next - even illustrated by Henrik's experience narrated on the Evergrey DVD. I found that my Horus sounded great after a few adjustments of the pickups and action while in E tuning, but down in B it seemed to lose it. However, I had to settle for JVB strings at the time and they are, quite frankly, crap. They have all sorts of strange overtones happening and I'll repeat the experiment down the track with something decent.

Is the neck-through a preference for you or a must-have? I ask because any tonal benefits seem to be negated by certain detriments, and it is once again different from one guitar to the next. It really depends on which timber(s) is used for the neck and which timber is used for the wings to offset/enhance the neck timber's tonal qualities. I've found bolt-ons to be great depending on timber choice and the surface area covered where the neck and body join. The Horus seems to have found the right ratio.

The rest of the differences are just nit-picking one way or the other. The main one comes down to the scale length you prefer. A Horus has 24 3/4" compared to the 25 1/2" of the SL2H. But then there's always a Dellinger. ;)

Of all the Capariosns I have owned (aboout 10 now) all the pickups have sounded horrible except in my Angelus HGS and im sure its because that guitar weighs SOOO much. Evergreys pickups are Caparison but they are not stock models available in other guitars, they are custom wound for them. As far as pickups in Horus, Applehorn and Dellingers...was not impressed. Wait, my TAT-SSH sounded good too, but that had active Caparison pickups.

I considered a caparison a while back.....ihave27frets, what pickups do you put in if you don't like the stock pickups?

Great band by the way. I came across you guys a while ago and bought your demo. Nice to hear some actual melodic metal coming from the states! Hope you'll make it up to ohio.

1Time said:
I considered a caparison a while back.....ihave27frets, what pickups do you put in if you don't like the stock pickups?

Great band by the way. I came across you guys a while ago and bought your demo. Nice to hear some actual melodic metal coming from the states! Hope you'll make it up to ohio.

Thanks! We have a few full U.S. tours this coming year as well as the New England Metal Fest. I have switched switched most of mine out to EMGs but im also starting to like some Duncans, thats what I have in my Framus guitars.

Without going active, DiMarzio have a nice range of pickup styles that run the gamut of tones. I've run several DiMarzios through a handful of brands, including Ibanez and Jackson, at the medium price range, which are usually made of alder (a 'safe' timber, if you will). They really do sound awesome. I have a Jackson with a X2N and it has a very high output. I've had & heard the Evolution and Super Distortion through some Ibanez guitars and they are almost as gutsy but sound a little smoother. I'd love try an Evo 2 or Super 2. When I get a Sherlock amp and if the Horus' pickup doesn't cut it after that, I'll probably replace it with one of these.